A Compare & Contrast Between Two Small Cities

rbdetsport

Flint or Pontiac?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has more potential, Flint or Pontiac?

• Pontiac
    • Flint
  2. 2. Which city has more developments going on?

• Pontiac
    • Flint

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really apples to oranges considering one is a much smaller city surrounded by the suburban sprawl of a huge city, while the other is a city all it's own, still with an economy much different than the other. I really don't know; they are just so different. I think Pontiacs diversity is really going to help it in the long run, though. The city is almost split equally between whites, blacks, and hispanics if I remember right. And, hispanics are really going to save quite a few cities in this state for the simple fact that the other two ethnic groups are still fleeing cities.

Yeah, that's a tough one. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pontiac lately, but I don't really know any specifics.

Like Lmich said, Pontiac is a smaller city in the center of a much more populous county - albeit with more competition from surrounding cities. Flint is about 50% larger than Pontiac in a smaller county (about 1/3 the size of Oakland?), but is definitely the urban center of the area.

I'm hoping both do great so we can get that north-south commuter line to Detroit (and beyond) built ;)

• 5 months later...

Yeah, that's a tough one. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pontiac lately, but I don't really know any specifics.

Like Lmich said, Pontiac is a smaller city in the center of a much more populous county - albeit with more competition from surrounding cities. Flint is about 50% larger than Pontiac in a smaller county (about 1/3 the size of Oakland?), but is definitely the urban center of the area.

I'm hoping both do great so we can get that north-south commuter line to Detroit (and beyond) built ;)

I like the way you think dnast.

Archived