Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rbdetsport

A Compare & Contrast Between Two Small Cities

Flint or Pontiac?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has more potential, Flint or Pontiac?

• Pontiac
    • Flint
  2. 2. Which city has more developments going on?

• Pontiac
    • Flint

Both small cities in Mid to Southeast Michigan are growing and have alot of potential. Both have huge developments going on, but what city really has more potential and more developments going on?

It's really apples to oranges considering one is a much smaller city surrounded by the suburban sprawl of a huge city, while the other is a city all it's own, still with an economy much different than the other. I really don't know; they are just so different. I think Pontiacs diversity is really going to help it in the long run, though. The city is almost split equally between whites, blacks, and hispanics if I remember right. And, hispanics are really going to save quite a few cities in this state for the simple fact that the other two ethnic groups are still fleeing cities.

Yeah, that's a tough one. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pontiac lately, but I don't really know any specifics.

Like Lmich said, Pontiac is a smaller city in the center of a much more populous county - albeit with more competition from surrounding cities. Flint is about 50% larger than Pontiac in a smaller county (about 1/3 the size of Oakland?), but is definitely the urban center of the area.

I'm hoping both do great so we can get that north-south commuter line to Detroit (and beyond) built ;)

Yeah, that's a tough one. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pontiac lately, but I don't really know any specifics.

Like Lmich said, Pontiac is a smaller city in the center of a much more populous county - albeit with more competition from surrounding cities. Flint is about 50% larger than Pontiac in a smaller county (about 1/3 the size of Oakland?), but is definitely the urban center of the area.

I'm hoping both do great so we can get that north-south commuter line to Detroit (and beyond) built ;)

I like the way you think dnast.