Little Rock Pictures

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, GSCullum. It's really nice to see some pics of Little Rock. I recognized some of the buildings. If you ever get a chance a description of some of them could be useful for those of us not very familiar with Little Rock. In your second group of pics there is an older building with some scaffolding and a clock tower. I was curious what that building is and any ideas how old it is?

Great pics, GSCullum. It's really nice to see some pics of Little Rock. I recognized some of the buildings. If you ever get a chance a description of some of them could be useful for those of us not very familiar with Little Rock. In your second group of pics there is an older building with some scaffolding and a clock tower. I was curious what that building is and any ideas how old it is?

That's the Old Pulaski County Courthouse, built in 1889.

Where were you when you took those pictures across the river?

The shots from across the river were taken from either riverfront park, I-30, or Fort Roots.

Great shots. I really like the one of the city from the Clinton Library. Are the ones from NRL taken from the Fort Roots area? Do you have any taken from the Water Works in the Heights?

Yes, some are from Fort Roots. And one of those shots is from Knoop Park in the Heights (the 26th pic in the first post or if that doesn't help you spot it, the last daytime skyline shot in that first section)

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't realize I had 'copied' some of your shots till I looked at yours again after I took and posted mine.

Both of yours were excellent. He was fortunate enough to know some excellent vantage points to shoot from. Knoop Park in Hillcrest has a great vista from which you can see the skyline, as does Fort Roots in NLR but these are places only the locals would know. He also clearly got up in some of the buildings to shoot some of those.

Archived