GRDadof3

Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

2134 posts in this topic

Here is a request that someone had. This is not my photo, but from Triangle Construction's website, showing the atrium of the Ledyard Building, back when the 7 buildings were combined:

72964967_3cdb8ccbd2.jpg

I love the S-Curve!! :)

It's definitely way better than the old s-curve! :)

It's definitely way better than the old s-curve! :)

Lord, yes. The old S-curve was a true test of a driver's mettle, especially when its concrete surface was covered with ice and one was not driving a sports sedan but his father's 1964 Dodge 330. Yikes!

72964967_3cdb8ccbd2.jpg

Where is this? I've never seen this atrium before - it has been too long since I have spent time in Grand Rapids.

Can anyone fill me in?

Where is this? I've never seen this atrium before - it has been too long since I have spent time in Grand Rapids.

Can anyone fill me in?

It's the atrium of the Ledyard "Block". 7 separate historic buildings were combined back in the late 80's, even though you can't tell from the outside. If you go out the back door of Tre Cugini, or enter the Ledyard Building off of Ottawa or Monroe Center, you'll reach it. Cool place for a special event ;)

http://www.triangle-inc.com/leyard.pdf

Okay, I've seen those buildings before, I just have never been inside.

Thanks for the link.

Looking down the Grand Gallery inside of DeVos Place. The doors are usually open to go look around inside. :D6.jpg

Heres my pictures folks:

69783860_02a00d2b68.jpg

69783863_3ac7f837b1.jpg

A "cant" shot of Mckay:

69783862_e75343355a.jpg

The base image for my Avatar...

69783861_6dc51c2ba0.jpg

Nice shots Rizzo! Thanks for keeping this updated. Here's one I took this morning:

71196857_cbb2ba28b3.jpg

Thats what makes the Calder the most photographed in GR, because of the beautiful contrast between Calder Red, Bridgewater Blue, and Croncrete Gray. Beautiful man, I like how you used the Calder to frame Bridgewater...

Thanks. It's a beautiful day today, and the trees are just blanketed in snow since we haven't had much wind.

Nice shots Rizzo! Thanks for keeping this updated. Here's one I took this morning:

71196857_cbb2ba28b3.jpg

GR Dad: Outstanding! I would quickly copyright that image and rush it over to Varnum Riddering's PR person. What a great shot for the firm brochure!

GR Dad: Outstanding! I would quickly copyright that image and rush it over to Varnum Riddering's PR person. What a great shot for the firm brochure!

Thanks Dave! I just might do that.

Nice shots Rizzo! Good to see you back and so active here again. ;)

Expect lots more when me and my lady hit the streets December 31! Were gonna have soo much fun.

Edited by Rizzo

This was a quick shot I took of the La Salle building in Downtown. With this shot I liked the nice contrast between organic elements and the built environment. Notice the rays of light penetrating through the canvas of leaves.

72076900_7ec10a6ea8.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

72504080_1cbe2c1114.jpg

Periodical section in Ryerson Library

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

72504080_1cbe2c1114.jpg

Periodical section in Ryerson Library

heh damn I wish I had my camera, last time I was in ryerson one of the employees there gave us a tour :D we got into all the locked up stuff.

Nice^ Did you see any catacombs? :ph34r:

I FINALLY finished transferring all my photos to flickr, so if you guys run across any recent threads with "IPB Image" and no picture, shoot me a PM and I can clean it up. Please don't go back through all the old threads looking for blank spots :P