GRDadof3

Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

Nice^ Did you see any catacombs? :ph34r:

I FINALLY finished transferring all my photos to flickr, so if you guys run across any recent threads with "IPB Image" and no picture, shoot me a PM and I can clean it up. Please don't go back through all the old threads looking for blank spots :P

saw some sarcophagi, with some ancient texts written on the walls about worshipping the God of Papyrus :P

We got into the Auditorium and even watched some TV on it (The tour-guide even said they put the SuperBowl on, and have a big all librarians party in there, but I wasnt too sure if I believed him :P) But it was neat.

(The tour-guide even said they put the SuperBowl on, and have a big all librarians party in there

:rofl: Sounds like a hoot

Nitro

Edited by Nitro

I haven't had a chance to get any shots this week, so I'll post some from earlier this year:

72506257_dcbf67ebbd.jpg

Fountain Street Church

Dad, we should get together and canvase the city for a mega thread update ;-)

Great picture by the way. I like the fact that the clergy around town are more then willing to appreciate the idea that people would like to photograph the inside of the churches.

Going to the Meijer Gardens today before our 2005 membership is up, so I thought I would post this from last summer:

59485786_e180cf4bb8_b.jpg

If I get others today, I'll try and post em. :thumbsup:

The first shot reminds me a lot of a spire tower. Spires, We got SPIRES!

Edited by Rizzo

Here are some shots I got this morning of the refurbished Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (this place is sweet looking!):

82115807_38ade80029_b.jpg

82115808_098906e47e_b.jpg

82115809_e20558ce75_b.jpg

82115812_e389b9de6d_b.jpg

Here are some shots I got this morning of the refurbished Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (this place is sweet looking!):

Looks like they were inviting you in :)

I was just thinking that.. I've seen you take pictures when weddings are going on, why not some construction.

Wanna point me to the thread of what they're doing with that building?

Wanna point me to the thread of what they're doing with that building?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...wtopic=9342&hl=

"Work progressing on the Historic Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (from the rear of the site). I hear this is 60% leased out to an insurance company and another tenant, and also features residential too."

-GRDad

"Work progressing on the Historic Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (from the rear of the site). I hear this is 60% leased out to an insurance company and another tenant, and also features residential too."

Pinnacle doesn't have that much space in there. They might have 20% of the building at the most. I believe that they have three tenants on board now.

Edited by Nitro

I didn't have time, otherwise... :whistling: There were some guys working right there at the entrance. They're still gutting the back end and doing some more work. They're putting a cool steel framed entrance at the back with an old industrial winch for decoration. Too many trucks around the back to get any good shots though. Maybe in a few weeks. The landscaping really makes the place look sharp now. I can't believe how little fanfare this has gotten (other than those pesky lawsuits from Tingley).

Dadof, you beat me to it! I was just thinking about getting some updated photos of Clear Water Place...

Anyway, great shots. The building is looking great! I'm glad they were able to salvage the roof tiles.