Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Yah Nitro. We can do some more of these. You provide the "before", and I (or dbrok, GRCentro or Rizzo) can do the "after" shot :thumbsup:

He he....I'm gonna have you boys running all over town.

How about this one.......Between Huntington Bank on the corner of Wealthy and Fuller and the Wealthy Theater.

The storefront glass just went in so it looks pretty cool now.

frontelevationsmall2pv.jpg

Yah Nitro. We can do some more of these. You provide the "before", and I (or dbrok, GRCentro or Rizzo) can do the "after" shot :thumbsup:

sounds good, I'm in!

How about this one.......Between Huntington Bank on the corner of Wealthy and Fuller and the Wealthy Theater.

you're lucky I'm actually on my way to Eastown right now. :D

Edited by dbrok

frontelevationsmall2pv.jpg

wealthy.jpg

Amazing difference. The completed sidewalk and street help, too.

The renovated pair of storefronts do look great. Were they

completely refaced? It looks like entirely new brick.

Yes, unfortunately we couldn't save any of the brick. The brick above the storefront had started to belly out and was about ready to come off of the wall. By the time we took that down there was really nothing left to salvage except the vertical bands between the windows. It just ended up looking better with new brick.

:) Thanks - Its ok, many profesional picture takers use Photoshope techniques, (not to imply I am a professional) espcially where lens flares and focul blurs are concerned. I tried my hand at it with the first one and I felt like it achieved what I wanted out of the photo.. I almost always have to use filters for all my photos, that is sharpening and brightness... I have a crapy Vivitar. Edited by Rizzo

I almost always have to use filters for all my photos, that is sharpening and brightness... I have a crapy Vivitar.

My camera is one where you push a button and it takes the picture. :P Sometimes the flash goes off, too. We're talkin' state-of-the-art