Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

That looks like a 2002 Ford Taurus on the left in front of the panel van and that guy on the right is wearing denim shorts, plus the picture is in color.

Nice modern streetlights and is that a Ford Bronco on Pearl Street next to McKay tower?

Grand Rapids was very progressive back in 1930 and 1948 :lol:

That looks like a 2002 Ford Taurus on the left in front of the panel van and that guy on the right is wearing denim shorts, plus the picture is in color.

Nice modern streetlights and is that a Ford Bronco on Pearl Street next to McKay tower?

The "road closed" barrier is nice too...

Shutterbugs, I need a few shots of downtown:

Whole-building of the new Y, with adjacent buildings and some way of determining the height (and if you happen to be above it, what's on the roof)

Whole-building of that #$%^& ugly cell tower building at GVSU and the S-curve

Shot of the Union Square condos rooftop (be careful getting out whilst on the fwy shoulder)

It's for a good cause...the Fund for Veloise's Continuing Employment. TIA!

Now, why would Veloise need height estimates from photos? Why would Veloise need straight on shots of buildings? You in the business of archtectural illustration/archrendering? :dontknow:

Rizzo, no one in their right mind would pay for a rendering of a cell phone tower.......... :D

Edited by Nitro

I was recently approched by some guy to do a rendering of his house, but with a small titanic in his front lawn... But what I was getting at is Veloise may need them to model for a "massing" of scale rendering.

Edited by Rizzo

Now, why would Veloise need height estimates from photos? Why would Veloise need straight on shots of buildings? You in the business of archtectural illustration/archrendering? :dontknow:

Why does Rizzo ask?

The cell tower request provides a good clue. I asked on here because various folks seem to have access to unusual heights and scenic overlooks. (ref Dad's flight down Monroe Center)

(not gonna go rent a room at AGP just to take a steeenkin' picture)