Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Why does Rizzo ask?

The cell tower request provides a good clue. I asked on here because various folks seem to have access to unusual heights and scenic overlooks. (ref Dad's flight down Monroe Center)

(not gonna go rent a room at AGP just to take a steeenkin' picture)

Sorry Veloise, love you and all, but I'm not going to help strategically place new cell phone towers downtown (if that is the intent) <_<

Sorry Veloise, love you and all, but I'm not going to help strategically place new cell phone towers downtown (if that is the intent) <_<

Already are big ugly cell towers downtown (the building sprout). Also many rooftop installations that are unnoticeable. The latter is my goal, being a planner and aesthetician and all.

My favorite hall of shame candidate: the two towers on the same AG parcel at I-96 at the Ionia/Kent line. What were they thinking? This is why we don't need zoning in Ionia Cty?!? I'll do anything I can do to obviate cr#p like that.

Already are big ugly cell towers downtown (the building sprout). Also many rooftop installations that are unnoticeable. The latter is my goal, being a planner and aesthetician and all.

My favorite hall of shame candidate: the two towers on the same AG parcel at I-96 at the Ionia/Kent line. What were they thinking? This is why we don't need zoning in Ionia Cty?!? I'll do anything I can do to obviate cr#p like that.

The people I work for own a few tower sites that cover downtown nicely if you are looking for RF coverage into downtown GR. I think I have my email in my profile if you need assistance, otherwise I can post it later if you are interested..

The deal at the county line with Kent and Ionia counties and also near the Ottawa and Muskegon line near coopersville was companies unwillingness to co-locate equipment 10+ years or more ago.

Nice picture of the building bar divani is in.... I noticed the real estate sign in the window above it, what is all that space used for now?

It's called the Blodgett Building, and is owned by Second Story Properties. It's mainly office space:

http://www.secondstoryprop.com/home/proper...ilding.php?id=7

I see Standard Federal Bank was around back then too!

:D

It was, but it was known as Standard Savings & Loan in 1930. It became Standard Federal in 1950.

And here everyone thinks GR is 5 to 10 years behind the times, when it is actually 20 years ahead!

i never realized the Grand was so wide

Don't forget that you are pretty close to Lake Michigan at Grand Rapids. To my knowledge, there are not a lot of major tributaries to the Grand after Plaster Creek and before the river empties into the big lake.

It is great to see the river so blue. When I was a kid, it ran an ugly brown and smelled like it.