Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Nice^ Did you see any catacombs? :ph34r:

I FINALLY finished transferring all my photos to flickr, so if you guys run across any recent threads with "IPB Image" and no picture, shoot me a PM and I can clean it up. Please don't go back through all the old threads looking for blank spots :P

saw some sarcophagi, with some ancient texts written on the walls about worshipping the God of Papyrus :P

We got into the Auditorium and even watched some TV on it (The tour-guide even said they put the SuperBowl on, and have a big all librarians party in there, but I wasnt too sure if I believed him :P) But it was neat.

Dad, we should get together and canvase the city for a mega thread update ;-)

Great picture by the way. I like the fact that the clergy around town are more then willing to appreciate the idea that people would like to photograph the inside of the churches.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna point me to the thread of what they're doing with that building?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...wtopic=9342&hl=

"Work progressing on the Historic Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (from the rear of the site). I hear this is 60% leased out to an insurance company and another tenant, and also features residential too."

-GRDad

"Work progressing on the Historic Monroe Avenue Filtration Plant (from the rear of the site). I hear this is 60% leased out to an insurance company and another tenant, and also features residential too."

Pinnacle doesn't have that much space in there. They might have 20% of the building at the most. I believe that they have three tenants on board now.

Edited by Nitro

Looks like they were inviting you in :)

I didn't have time, otherwise... :whistling: There were some guys working right there at the entrance. They're still gutting the back end and doing some more work. They're putting a cool steel framed entrance at the back with an old industrial winch for decoration. Too many trucks around the back to get any good shots though. Maybe in a few weeks. The landscaping really makes the place look sharp now. I can't believe how little fanfare this has gotten (other than those pesky lawsuits from Tingley).