Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Nice shots Andy! Here's some randomness from a beautiful Sunday afternoon (who says there's nothing to do downtown on a Sunday).

185887682_6cd7fb9f8c_b.jpg

185790206_15484e047b_b.jpg

185790205_fc89817ab5_b.jpg

185790204_9260ec9c42_b.jpg

185791317_a6dcde95f7_b.jpg

185790201_66ef2514e3.jpg

185786450_16377c914e.jpg

185786449_1ef90b8480.jpg

185786448_889e133488.jpg

185786447_3ba38bd57a.jpg

Speaking of flowers, anyone else see this yet??

185882815_837f7f592d.jpg

("Trust" me, a little investigative work should point you in the right direction)

Whose tent was that? My wife and I attended a wedding reception at Eberhard Center Saturday and saw the tent. I wondered about it going in, but by the time we left I had stopped wondering about most everything :D .

It was for a wedding on Saturday apparently. Many of the wedding program booklets were still on the chairs. Other than bugs, it sure makes for a nice wedding setting.

It was for a wedding on Saturday apparently. Many of the wedding program booklets were still on the chairs. Other than bugs, it sure makes for a nice wedding setting.

Yah, especially Ah-nab-awen park. Two weeks there was a nice wedding in that spot; that's where my girl wants to get married.

I'm not in one of thoes new age relationships, so I will be proposing :) Yes to me or me to her... I saw a wedding a few weeks ago and it brought up a conversation with my girl. She said they stole our idea. The idea to have our wedding at Ah-nab-awen park. She's not hip on GR as much as we are, but for some reason she just loves the park. I'll fill you in with more details as they become available :D

Edited by Rizzo

I'm not in one of thoes new age relationships, so I will be proposing :) Yes to me or me to her... I saw a wedding a few weeks ago and it brought up a conversation with my girl. She said they stole our idea. The idea to have our wedding at Ah-nab-awen park. She's not hip on GR as much as we are, but for some reason she just loves the park. I'll fill you in with more details as they become available :D

Wasn't fishing for an invite. Some people have a grand vision, and all that's needed is the future fiance(e) to complete the picture.

(On a trip to the Bahamas many years ago, I overheard a conversation:

"This would be a nice place for a honeymoon."

"ANYPLACE would be nice for a honeymoon!!")

You might want to line up that sort of specialty insurance that covers events and weird circumstances, just in case himself kicks off in time to crash your party.

edited because I used "nice" four times in two paragraphs!

Edited by Veloise

Hey, I'm brand new here... I love the pics! Especially grdadof3.... amazing pics, man

Anyway... I look forward to contributing some pictures soon. I have a bunch on my computer.... just need to find a place to upload them so I can post 'em!

:D

Welcome jimthurber. :thumbsup: Photobucket, imageshack and flickr seem to be popular sites for hosting images around here.

This building (N. Monroe at 6th) was the home of Jonathan & David where the Precious Moments figurines were born. http://www.preciousmoments.com/about/park/

"In 1974, a friend invited him to join forces and start the Jonathan & David inspirational greeting card business, utilizing the teardrop-eyed children Sam had been drawing for family and friends over the years. Sam called them "Precious Moments" because they carried messages of loving, caring and sharing to those he loved. The Jonathan & David card line was very well received. It was also the first step toward professional success for the artist and his PRECIOUS MOMENTS art."

189774000_50b728dd28.jpg

It is, of course, a condo building today.

189773857_e31a141273.jpg