Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

A photo I took back in 2003. I'm not sure where I was except that it was the near westside. If anyone could place the location that'd be great. I really like it because it was gritty; reminded me of hom:

193732912_013fd6ec40_o.jpg

It kinda looks Lake Michigan Dr. and Winter Ave. before the new YMCA was built. I'd love to see more infill in that area.

Grand Valley's Business School is a real gift to downtown Grand Rapids.

What a great commitment to detail.

Design Plus has done a lot of very nice buildings, but this is the finest IMHO.

194167043_5e649ce22a_b.jpg

Yeah, DeVos Center is a nice building. I worked in the computer labs there for a couple years before I graduated.

194167131_db806f6b4b.jpg

And this building is a peice of crap. I lived there for 3 years. It looks reasonably nice, sure, but the construction quality is awful.

-nb

The downtown campus looks great from afar but I was a little disappointed with the way it was constructed on closer inspection. You can see the seams on the floor and on some of the walls. They just do not make them like they used to, real materials are just too expensive. Overall I give it a B+. The photos remind me of the long trips from the Allendale campus for a summer class where it was just the bus driver and me.

My sister lived in West Hall last year, you could not pay me to live there.