Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

More sprucing up in the Wealthy Theater and Uptown areas. This should satisfy everyone for a few days.

New homes springing up all over the area around of Wealthy Street, some traditional

244068811_5d2f054d03.jpg

I would love to have a house like that someday. Maybe an old one though instead of new, and maybe a little larger.

cool pics BTW.

Edited by dtown

does that guy have a table out there :lol: great pics
Yeah, there's actually 2 picnic tables that are always out there, and in the summer there's usually an American flag on a pole flying from one. They must be trying to get the last of their fishing in before it gets cold. :)

It was pretty crazy a few nights ago.. completely dark outside, yet looking into the grand river even as far south as Bridge St. there were people just everywhere, both on the shore and in the river. In fact I think I saw one person closer to Pearl... I think they may've jumped a cataract to go fishing out there. =P

I don't know if that stairwell is part of "Lacks Park", or part of the riverwalk, which I believe is controlled by the DDA. Let's not hang GVSU yet. The ped bridge railing also needs a good white-wash too, and there are some areas where there is no railing and a pretty good drop to the walkway below. :blink: Gotta keep the kids close.

The other day there was some kids trying to see how far they could ride their bike down the curving steps by the blue bridge before falling off. =p Well, I got a few photos to share. I'll post them in a little bit, still gotta upload.

I'm actually thinking of looking into printing and framing and selling some of my photos. I think I'll ask around at some art galleries.

Edited by tSlater

Only changes I see is that they finally covered the two holes by four friends with plastic sheets and put up that plastic Grubb & Ellis banner. I saw the truck coming to the place a few days ago, thought they'd be putting up a sign using those holes, but to my disappointment it was only that banner. They also drove by twice before finding the place, and when they arrived they sat around for about an hour. At least that's what it appeared to be to me.