Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

With all of the great stuff happening in Grand Rapids, I really wish they would replace City Hall.

It's so hideous for a city on the rise.

It's like it's trying to tell you that Grand Rapids is dreary place where government is in a big black box, out of reach to public (which may be true, but that shouldn't be what they're promoting). All of that despite the sculpture and blue sky. It's an affront to the character of the city.

Great pictures though

Edited by tracer1138

I would probably hate the look of city hall a lot less if they took down all those stupid screens. Unfortunately, those stupid screens are needed to prevent the inside of the building from turning into a convection oven in the afternoons.

Excellent pictures though! :thumbsup:

There was an access garage that i thought they were making into retail space. Has that project come to fruition?

That's it, and they are still working on it. It's just East of Kinko's. I didn't see any "coming soon" signs, so I'm not sure what's potentially going in.