Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Very cool! Who painted it?

Dunno, but we talked about it eons ago, without a pic ever coming out. (I don't get to City Hall very often these days...sniff....)

BTW, it was very nice to meet you at the tour yesterday.

Same back atcha! My workplace is infested with grown-up kiddies playing stoopid games. It's lovely to go out and talk to real people, play planner again, and see interesting new projects (instead of the parking lot du jour on 29th Street).

Nice pics civitas. I've driven past but never been to Pickerel Lake.

OK, on the old Weston Apts building on Ionia, the contractors appear to be gone, the fences are removed, new canopies have been added. Anyone see anything else different? I thought they were supposed to be renovating the ground floor for commercial "for-profit" use? It certainly looks a heck of a lot cleaner.

360159976_2141c0c5da_b.jpg

360159982_dc45bc3347_b.jpg

Could anyone recommend a person to take some HDR photos of structures in the Grand Rapids/Holland area?

There would be compensation.

This may infringe on the rules, not quite sure after I read them. I ask forgiveness ahead of time.

Thanks

HDR = ??

High Density Resolution?

(I guess, if I have to ask, I'm not qualified)

HDR = ??

High Density Resolution?

(I guess, if I have to ask, I'm not qualified)

High Dynamic Range. I have neither the equipment nor software to help you out towermart (I wish I did). Register at the Grand Rapids flickr group and post your message there. With over 200 members now, I"m sure you'd find someone there.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/grandrapidsmi/

Never mind, I posted it for you towermart.

i've got the equipment, but not the software.

why are you so particular about getting HDR shots?

Download the trial version of the latest Photoshop CS2 from www.adobe.com. You'll have 60 days to play.

From photoshop's help file:

About High Dynamic Range images

The dynamic range (ratio between dark and bright regions) in the visible world far exceeds the range of human vision and of images that are printed or displayed on a monitor. But whereas human eyes can adapt to very different brightness levels, most cameras and computer monitors can capture and reproduce only a fixed dynamic range. Photographers, motion picture artists, and others working with digital images must be selective about what

yeah, you can get beta versions of CS3 too, but I just don't feel right about using them for a job with "compensation"

I sincerely appreciate your response Golscorer4. I've argued with my kids about the "free" music on the Internet for years. Right and wrong are still pretty black and white in my mind and it is refreshing to hear someone making choices based on what is "right." Well done!

Does Adobe care if you make a buck during the trial period? I never actually read those use agreements.