Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Grdad, those are some great shots. Is photography a hobby of yours by any chance? You've got the eye for it.

Thanks wingbert. Since joedowntown had my GR Streetscapes photoset linked to Squidoo, I finally went through and updated and freshened it up a bit. You can see the new slideshow/photoset here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62831350@N00/sets/1566566/show/

(almost 300 photos so it takes a while)

Thanks wingbert. Since joedowntown had my GR Streetscapes photoset linked to Squidoo, I finally went through and updated and freshened it up a bit. You can see the new slideshow/photoset here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62831350@N00/sets/1566566/show/

(almost 300 photos so it takes a while)

:good:

Very nice! The Visitors and Convention folks should have that running on their website front and center. That slide show alone demonstrates the beauty of this city far more than anything you find on the "official" sites.

Nice pics grstudent. We posted right at the same time.

This gets me every Spring. It's like someone flipped a switch and the leaves are coming out. In a couple of weeks or so they'll be completely filled in. :shades:

471412257_ae71a50db6.jpg

471412269_9a84fd7a6e.jpg

471412281_01a96f02e2.jpg

471412291_6d2cd9bbd8_b.jpg

471396820_2a268cd0e1.jpg

471400030_52e4bf2989_b.jpg

Repairs being made to the riverwalk. I wonder if they are going to do some landscape renovation on that hillside? I seem to remember a lot of ground cover (and not great looking).

471348116_c075cfb859_b.jpg

471412311_022c2fd4e5.jpg

If you work downtown, it's a great day to head outside for lunch.

MJLO has a photo request,

Can someone get a downtown shot from the 196/ Lake Michigan Dr. It's one of my favorite downtown views and it's got to look great in the spring bloom right now especially with all the new additions in the area :)

MJLO has a photo request,

Can someone get a downtown shot from the 196/ Lake Michigan Dr. It's one of my favorite downtown views and it's got to look great in the spring bloom right now especially with all the new additions in the area :)

Not quite yet--spring hasn't completely popped. (Was out riding near there last week.) Maybe by Saturday when it gets up to 65 here.

I have a request too. If someone can get up on the steeple at St Adalbert's, and get a shot of downtown during the sunset just as it is reflected in all the glass downtown. That would be incredible. :w00t: I've seen the sunset reflection a few times coming down the hill on I-196 and can't believe no one has gotten one yet with the Marriott included (unless I've missed it). I'm unfortunately busy at that time of day, pretty much every day. OK, maybe not from St Adalbert's, but from the West side somewhere. I think the hill on Sunset Drive would be too far away and not at the best angle.

Oh, Sparky, that's beautiful!!!

I have a request, too. Speaking of St. Adalbert's, can someone get a picture of it?

Does this one count pr sc? And in answer to your earlier question, Vitale's is still around (Leonard St, Comstock Park, and Ada come to mind).

472647729_911af84114_b.jpg