You always have some great shots. Here are a few I took yesterday downtown:

GR026.jpg

GR018.jpg

GR021.jpg

GR020.jpg

GR008.jpg

GR030.jpg

GR025.jpg

Finally, there must have been some type of police show. They had a bunch of equipment down there from GR and the State Police. At first, I only saw the Bomb Squad arrive...freaked me out.

GR038.jpg

Edited by Rhino6885

just curious...anyone get a picture of the sunset tonight?

it was the most encompassing, beautiful, passionate sky i've seen in such a very long time...

my cousin snapped a few pictures, but we were in the car, and the trees blocked much of the view, so i'm not sure how those will turn out.

i'll post them when i get the chance though, just so you've some idea if you were indoors this evening.

also, one theory as to why so many were at last week's BOTM...the fray was in town and schedule to play at 7:30pm or so.

i know of quite a few people who murmed 'the fray' while walking down the sidewalk.

one way to kill time, and a good one at that.

Edited by disconsolate

Speaking of lights, the only time I get to see downtown any more is when I'm driving through on my way up north, and that's usually later at night. I noticed a lot of neon (or at least blue colored lights) up around the Medical Hill area. Which buildings have the lights? Is that going to be a permanent thing? I'm not generally a fan of Dallas-style building highlights, but I have to admit it added a nice touch to the area in this case.

Tunnel Park Beach in Holland from last weekend (HOT n HAZY!). I can't get the pano to stitch properly with the dune line and the lake line, so here goes (nothing). Tunnel Park is always such a melting pot.

662359379_155fb920f2.jpg662385807_5eeea59307.jpg662359549_e00a84289f.jpg662359535_12c73f8a8d.jpg

662359467_0a80b3c7c8_b.jpg

Nice pics. Makes me want to crack out a bottle of sun screen.

Nice shot GRCentro. Atmospheric, tells a story, looks a bit ominous, overall a very entertaining photo.

Thanks GRguy! I knew a designer such as yourself would be able figure out the meaning behind it all. :shades:

Too bad I didn't have my camera early this morning. There were some great cloud formations over the city. And who knows when I'll ever get the chance to get on the roof of Park Church again...

Thanks GRguy! I knew a designer such as yourself would be able figure out the

. :shades:

Too bad I didn't have my camera early this morning. There were some great cloud formations over the city. And who knows when I'll ever get the chance to get on the roof of Park Church again...

What, that religious conservatism rules the city with its ominous power casting a dark shadow over everyone? :shades:

I think you did one with a cross and some razor wire too, didn't you GRCentro?

You have a good memory, Jeff!

Yes, for the oddest things. Remembering to do things, now that's another story. :)

I don't travel 131 at all during the day, but is this standard rush-hour traffic in the afternoon, or is this from construction? It was Friday, so I thought it might also be people headed North for vacation:

671458401_a099f79638.jpg

(click for larger image)

Second question: Are those solar panels on the roof of the new YMCA?

671458429_cbb9cb7b49.jpg

(click to zoom in)

Third: Is she a beauty or what?!

671458335_a4dfeeb306.jpg

(click for larger image)

I don't travel 131 at all during the day, but is this standard rush-hour traffic in the afternoon, or is this from construction? It was Friday, so I thought it might also be people headed North for vacation.

Second question: Are those solar panels on the roof of the new YMCA?

Third: Is she a beauty or what?!

1. Construction. http://www.gvmc.org/transportation/construction.shtml. Though, there were probably also more people trying to go North than usual because of Muskegon Summer Celebration, etc.

2. Yes they are. There is a permanent display in the lobby that discusses the use of solar energy and also shows the real time energy input from the solar panels.

3. Yes she is!

The extension of ken-o-sha trail along Plaster Creek is coming along nicely. I took some shots on Sunday, hopefully we'll see some pavement going down soon. Currently it runs from Ken-O-Sha school, west of Kalamazoo avenue to just past Eastern Ave. The extension will bring it from Eastern to Division (right next to the new Kroc center), though MDOT didn't want a pedestrian bridge going under 28th street, so users will have to exit the trail briefly and cross 28th at Eastern.

Looking east down the trail towards Madison Avenue bridge:

699641627_e21e6ec6ae.jpg

The extension will end at Plaster Creek Park, next to Division:

699641659_881dd0bf51.jpg

I'm pleased to announce that a selection of my photography will be on display for the next month or so at Urban Mill / It's a Grind Cafe in downtown Grand Rapids. Please stop by anytime to check out the work (and by a drink or lunch to support the local business).

733203331_df93e569a1_o.jpg

*by "Show Opening Party" I mean I'm just hanging out and I've invited lots of people to come, there won't be free food or bevs, I don't make enough money off of photography yet.

At the corner of State and Lafayette, the little old gas station I photographed about a month ago is now occupied by "WOW". Anyone? Bueller?

Maybe its a big world-of-warcraft nerd-fest in there. I kind of doubt it, judging by the sign... :lol: