Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Well, the building is quite random. It doesn't really hold any significance to me.

A few years back, I saw a movie named Smoke, in which a man photographed the same street corner every day at the same time for decades. That led me to the idea of taking a picture of the same location, but one of each season. From my balcony, the corner has the best mixture of trees, plants, roads, and buildings.

Perhaps, after I take the final photo, I will attempt to find the building's owner and give him a little gift.

I always wanted to use this idea at a different location, however. When you come into Grand Rapids from Lake Michigan Drive, just before it splits into Fulton/Lk. Mich. Dr, there is a great view of a westside neighborhood (I think it's Richards St.) with downtown in the background.

I heard from a realtor one time that said they frown on sticking photos of the inside of properties on websites because its that much easier for someone to case the property...

Dad, Nice picture by the way...

Edited by Rizzo

I heard from a realtor one time that said they frown on sticking photos of the inside of properties on websites because its that much easier for someone to case the property...

Dad, Nice picture by the way...

TY. I hadn't heard that one. I skip right past listings that don't have interior photos.

TY. I hadn't heard that one. I skip right past listings that don't have interior photos.

I hadn't heard of it either. I was thinking the reason could be that they want to get interested people in the house where the realtor has a chance to sell rather than have them look at pictures online.