Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

I thought this would be a fun little game heading into the weekend. I tried to have them up earlier but our internet was down for the afternoon.

Landmark quiz. I think collectively there's not a spot in this city we couldn't name....street level. Can you name these spots from the air?

#1) The only change to this photo: I removed the school lettering from the center of the football field.

UrbanPlanet2.jpg">

UrbanPlanet5.jpg">

UrbanPlanet8.jpg">

UrbanPlanet3.jpg">

UrbanPlanet7.jpg">

an easy one

UrbanPlanet6.jpg">

I thought this would be a fun little game heading into the weekend. I tried to have them up earlier but our internet was down for the afternoon.

Landmark quiz. I think collectively there's not a spot in this city we couldn't name....street level. Can you name these spots from the air?

#1) The only change to this photo: I removed the school lettering from the center of the football field.

UrbanPlanet2.jpg">

">

">

">

">

an easy one

">

Well, I guessed the dam in Cascade on the last quiz so I'll get this started.

#1 = Christian High

next...

#3 is Woodland Mall

#6 is Reed's Lake and EGR

Can't place the others without cheating. :)

#1 GRCHS

#2 Holland Home off Breton

#3 Woodland Mall

#4 Regency Apts & Jolly Roger

#5 28th St just east of E Beltline

#6 Reeds lake from the South

Yup, that's all of them. I'll see what else I have in my collection and try to post them soon. Have a great weekend everyone.

Paul

I took some pictures yesterday evening on Wealthy Street. I can't believe how much the area around Wealthy & Diamond has improved in the last two years. Now the Wealthy Street Market just needs to be redeveloped and that will be one of the nicest intersections in the city as far as aesthetics are concerned.

2689006953_0ee37f344d_b.jpg

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere on this site but this was the first I knew of Brick Road Pizza Co.

2688983883_8864309185_b.jpg

2688947355_1a20ee772f_b.jpg

2689818074_551c13531a_b.jpg

2689795416_a70a9592cc_b.jpg

2688984245_11217ca143_b.jpg

2689726216_80243f6a7f_b.jpg

2689726566_b4d360353c.jpg

EAA has its Ford Tri-Motor at Gerald R Ford International Airport. I went up this morning and snapped a picture of downtown. I hope this is the correct size.

Off in the distance...

P7095796-2.jpg

PLee,

Are you able to clean this photo up? Please send it to me, I'll work on the color.

Oh and next time these guys are in town, Dad said I get to go too...

Thanks Bro,

RLee

I cleaned it up a little for you....it's sitting in my Flickr account (and it's clearly not my photo).

If you want it taken down, just let me know.

here you go...

2697854846_6100e41f4d_o.jpg

It's interesting to note that none of the Medical Mile developments are in that picture. Downtown is certainly spreading out.

I really liked the way a lot of my pictures from Sunday night turned out so I'm posting more.

I love your new pictures of Grand Rapids. It's been about 4 years since my last visit and I'm looking forward to my next one. From the looks of things, I will find much that is new and/or improved.

Thanks for sharing the GREAT pics!

2695734425_a9f5acb9d2_b.jpg

2695585789_768d4ca0c7_b.jpg

2697696706_8b0c1abae7_b.jpg

2696676089_7430617545_b.jpg

2697724693_75b447cfde_b.jpg