World Construction Cam

nickmgray

I'm in the process of creating a web site with listings and maps of construction sites around the globe. Since I havelimited knowledge of construction in differen cities and countries, I'd really appreciate any help I could get.

If you know of any web cams, please list them with the name of the construction project and if you have an address for the project as well since I will be linking the pictures to an interactive map.

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a beta version of the map up and running with a few webcams and project pictures. Please check it out and let me know what you think and if there's anythign I should add or subtract? I know I'm still missing a lot of projects on here, but this is basically just to give you an idea of what I'm working on.

Check it out! http://sitexplode.net/mapit

That's awesome! At first I was gonna say you should number the arrows and the building lists so you can tell which goes where, but then I clicked on a building and of course it shows you exactly where on the map its being built, so my suggestion is unnecessary. Great job!

Also, I don't know if you'd care to add some smaller cities, but the Providence section here on UP and the Hartford section both have construction/project threads that could be useful to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a beta version of the map up and running with a few webcams and project pictures. Please check it out and let me know what you think and if there's anythign I should add or subtract? I know I'm still missing a lot of projects on here, but this is basically just to give you an idea of what I'm working on.

Check it out! http://sitexplode.net/mapit

well, this is cool! so, i'm in the process of making a map of construction in massachusetts - i have no idea if any of these projects have a webcam, but if you are interested in creating a map for, say, boston, i could share the data with you (it hasn't been compiled quiiiite yet though)... how are you going about finding construction projects for the maps you are working on? for now, i've been going through public agencies... advice would be welcome :)

Mainly I've been going through the forums for the different cities to find the projects, but Minneapolis' Downtown Journal has a monthly construction update and lists all the projects in the downtown area. They also have it on their web site http://skywaynews.net/content/current/front/condo_map.pdf

If you've got a list with addresses and some pictures, I'll see what I can do.

Archived