Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcheiss

Peerless Tower - Wichita, Kansas

Maybe that's why it doesn't have any friends. Get it? It's peerless! HAHAHA

Providence also has a Peerless Building. http://www.artinruins.com/arch/redevelop/peerless/index.php#

Maybe they should get together and be friends. :P

I spent some time in Wichita maybe fifteen years ago, and its skyline hasn't changed since. It's good to see

anything going up there. I think this wouldn't look too bad in Wichita, depending on where they build it.

Providence also has a Peerless Building. http://www.artinruins.com/arch/redevelop/peerless/index.php#

Maybe they should get together and be friends. :P

I spent some time in Wichita maybe fifteen years ago, and its skyline hasn't changed since. It's good to see

anything going up there. I think this wouldn't look too bad in Wichita, depending on where they build it.

I don't think it would fit in very well with the skyline.

May'be a different design of the building would fit better.

You all have problems maybe you should only talk about what you know. There are all sorts of new things going on in wichita that none of you probably know about. The newest building before the proposed Peerless tower was the Hyatt Regency Hotel which you would know if you visited Emporis.com. There are other things to like the waterwalk project, and the new arena.

we were talking about this on another forum a couple of weeks ago. to me its ugly, but its better than any landmark tower that we have planned here. wait, we dont have anything planned. witchita one ups us; at least they have a vision.

we were talking about this on another forum a couple of weeks ago. to me its ugly, but its better than any landmark tower that we have planned here. wait, we dont have anything planned. witchita one ups us; at least they have a vision.

I think the designer, Jason Lowe, should be drug-tested.

What was he thinking? A landmark building is a building people remember a city by, and you want that to be a positive thing, not a negative. I agree with whoever said it looks like a sperm... I'd hate to tell people I was from the city with the 500 ft. sperm downtown. The widows near the top remind me of the episode of 'Family Guy' where an unborn Stewie is racing inside a sperm with windows to fertilize the egg in order to be born. Anyone who has seen that episode will likely know what I'm talking about.

Every city is deserving of some type of landmark, but at least make it something people will be proud of.

I don't know if I would say ugly as much as plain very strange. I think it looks like something that would be at home inside a 1950's "space age" house. It even looks like moulded plastic.