Question/Suggestion

Greenville

I recently ventured over to the "Upstate Metros" board, and enjoyed reading some threads about Greer, Simpsonville, Easley, and GSP International. Then I wondered why these threads aren't in the Greenville forum. I consider those places definitive suburbs of Greenville (i.e., cities directly in Greenville's influence in terms of work, recreation, prosperity, etc.).

Could those topics be moved to this forum? I suppose an argument could be made for leaving GSP posts in the Upstate forum, even though the airport is in Greer. But I think posts about Mauldin, Simpsonville, Easley, and definitely Greer in the Greenville forum makes a lot of sense (much like posts about Marietta, GA seem to fit more in the Atlanta forum instead of the Georgia forum).

Does anyone else agree with me on this? I think a lot of discussion would be generated if these posts were in the Greenville forum, especially since we have such high readership here! :thumbsup:

Again, this is not a criticism of anyone, just an observation followed by a suggestion.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP is not just Greenville's airport, so those threads will stay.

The other threads I am not opposed to moving. Just remember that it may be necessary to put some threads in the Upstate section anyway if their content justifies it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the lesser represented areas (Easley) might get pushed to the bottom faster.

I'll wait for some feedback.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the lesser represented areas (Easley) might get pushed to the bottom faster.

I think for this reason alone, these threads should remain under the Upstate Metros Parent Thread. Heck, feel free to move the "North Greenville/Travelers Rest Developments" Thread over there, too. :P

I think Easley-Powdersville and Greer related topics should not be moved into the Greenville forum. Greenville is not the only city that has influenced their growths. (Spartanburg has helped contributed to Greer's growth.) Add the Golden Strip area to the mix, and you have the three fastest growing areas in the upstate only behind Anderson and Greenwood. As these areas continue to grow, you will see more interest in construction, developments, events, issues, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ventured over to the "Upstate Metros" board, and enjoyed reading some threads about Greer, Simpsonville, Easley, and GSP International. Then I wondered why these threads aren't in the Greenville forum. I consider those places definitive suburbs of Greenville (i.e., cities directly in Greenville's influence in terms of work, recreation, prosperity, etc.).

Could those topics be moved to this forum? I suppose an argument could be made for leaving GSP posts in the Upstate forum, even though the airport is in Greer. But I think posts about Mauldin, Simpsonville, Easley, and definitely Greer in the Greenville forum makes a lot of sense (much like posts about Marietta, GA seem to fit more in the Atlanta forum instead of the Georgia forum).

Does anyone else agree with me on this? I think a lot of discussion would be generated if these posts were in the Greenville forum, especially since we have such high readership here! :thumbsup:

Again, this is not a criticism of anyone, just an observation followed by a suggestion.

I agree with you Greenville. Sometimes I miss articles on the Greenville area because suburban developments get posted in different places. It's a little fractured. Greenville and it's burbs should be in one forum.

I just don't see how Simpsonville, Mauldin, and Easley aren't clearly viewed as Greenville suburbs by people here. Greer is heavily influenced by Greenville as well, but if people want to be ultra-picky and say that Spartanburg has had something to do with Greer's development, I can live with that. But the others? They are clearly Greenville IMO.

Archived