Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

things are better than I thought reading that but obviously a long ways off

I think its going to be interesting to see what happens next.  I mean additional residents will surely mean more people taking a risk and opening something up. 

I would think that maybe more places are able to stick it out too.

The real big thing will be to see if this second phase of apartments can get atarted... meaning 101 Pearl, the Lofts on Capitol, capewell, colt and others

Phase 3 ill call the ballpark development.  we know that project will come with some retail and likely mostly national outfits like they are doing in Storrs

but those phase 2 buildings will help to reinforce confidence in downtown and more oppenings

VOR the coffee shop opening on Asylum is called Sarahs.  Very excited for it open--directly sources coffee benefiting farmers in Haiti and longer hours that cater to residents (what's not to love?).  Also, there are rumors about Hartford Baking Co showing interesting in opening a second location in JoJos space.  That would be another great addition to the city.

My question is when do we reach that bifurcation point where we start being able to support more retail/restaurants, rather than cannibalizing existing establishments downtown?  This first wave of apartments should lend some clue.  

Archived