Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Restaurant Group

Max's is the largest local upscale dining chain in the Hartford area. Their establishments are all pretty high quality and generally well reviewed.

I'm familiar with Max's but I should have been more specific ... my mistake. I meant to ask about the group that owns Tisane's, Plan B and these new restaurants -- I looked on their websites but didn't see a restaurant group named.

I'm familiar with Max's but I should have been more specific ... my mistake. I meant to ask about the group that owns Tisane's, Plan B and these new restaurants -- I looked on their websites but didn't see a restaurant group named.

I'm not sure about what their name is. I actually just found out that Tisane, Plan B, and Half Door seem to have common ownership when the post about the West End Social was posted.

Hartford by my count has 3 major restaurant groups.

Plan B Group? unnamed group

Plan B

West Hartford

Simsbury

Glastonbury

Tisane

Hartfords West End

The Social (Coming Soon)

Hartfords West End

http://www.burrstreetbrewblog.com/2008/12/...d-ct-vol-2.html

The Social will offer a blend of Half Door's European beer selection and Plan B's American beer selection under one roof. The Social will be a throw back in time when bartenders hand crafted drinks, muddled fresh fruit and pulled a perfect pint. If that's not enough, The Social is currently working with some regional breweries to age their beers in Bourbon barrels so they can offer unique, cask conditioned vintage beers. The Social is also developing a small plate menu to compliment their beverage line, which will include regional suppliers like Cato Farms (Colechester, CT) with their Belgium style cheese and Pineland Farms (New Gloucester, Maine) natural beef.

MAX Amigos(Coming Soon)

Hartfords West End

The Half Door

Hartfords West End

Hartford restaurant group

http://www.hartfordrestaurantgroup.com/

Agave

Hartford downtown

Southington location closed and is being turned into TJ Homers

Wood-n-Tap

Hartford's West End

Farmington

Southington

Rockyhill

Vernon

Vaughan's

Hartford downtown

TD Homers (coming soon)

Southington

MAX resturant group

http://www.maxrestaurantgroup.com/

Max amore

Glastonbury

Max Downtown

Hartford

Trumbull Kitchen

Hartford

MAX a Mia

Avon

Max's Oyster Bar

West Hartford

Max Fish

Glastonbury

Max's Tavern

Springfield, MA

Max Catering

Hartford and Springfield

"Max Amigo" was done in retaliation to the Max Group opening up a burger place in West Hartford Center. The people who own Plan B feel it is a ripoff of their restaurants so they have been marketing this restaurant called Max Amigo. Whether or not it really happens remains to be seen.

"Max Amigo" was done in retaliation to the Max Group opening up a burger place in West Hartford Center. The people who own Plan B feel it is a ripoff of their restaurants so they have been marketing this restaurant called Max Amigo. Whether or not it really happens remains to be seen.

Which burger place do they own in WHC?

MOE's is official

so is Dunkin

We got a tennant newsletter and it list them both as coming soon.

good to see its official.

Also it mentions the picnic space will oen up on April 1, so look for that.

I got it as a PDF via E-mail, so nothing I can link. But since it came from building management and was sent to everyone in the building I call it pretty official.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew this whole MAX thing was confusing....

Max Who?

Two local restaurant titans battle it out over a name

Hartford businessman Rich Rosenthal has built a restaurant empire on a single word: Max. There's Max Amore and Max Downtown. Max Fish and Max-A-Mia. Max's Oyster Bar and Max's Tavern. And now, Max Burger, just opened in West Hartford. So it's not surprising that, at the beginning of the year, when a few of Rosenthal's suppliers and customers saw a logo for a new Mexican restaurant called Max Amigo's on the Web site of another local restaurant powerhouse

• 2 weeks later...

Kyto work has resumed.

I took a pic this AM before any work started.

Picture006.jpg

I took a pic a moment ago while a worker started removing some sofit material.

city001.jpg

and here at the end of the day there was a crew of 4 really getting to work

city007.jpg

city008.jpg

city009.jpg

city010.jpg

The color is funny becayse of the time of day, angle of the sun and I was in a couple using my full digitasl zoom to show the deal of them cutting back the eves of the roof.

no idea why they are doing this, but it is good to see something happening. I will as usual keep you guys posted as work progresses

Vlad, what you are actually seeing in those pictures is the complete removal of the eves of the roof. apparently there is some rule against this, so basicly they has to remove anything that sticks past the walls. Very strange but I am sure they have some reason for it. If you look at the pictures you can actually see that they did this on the Main street side as well as the Pratt stree side of the 2nd floor structure.

and now loooking at it today it appears these guys worked on Saturday as well.

The Trumbull St side of the eves were also removed leaving the roof looking a little funny. Also the big blue tarp is finally gone and they installed all of the doors. So, now there are two more double doors just like the one you can see in Fridays pictures as well as a single door on the left side.

Also where all the white tyvek was previously covering an unfinished wall, it looks like they finished that up as well. its just plywood shething for now, but obviously between my Friday Morning picture and what I saw here this morning there have been some drastic visual changes.

city007.jpg

No one working down there yet today.

I should also add that the roof work does not look done. there are safety fences like you can see now up on the roof on both the East and West sides as if to protect anyone potentially from falling off the roof onto the decking.

I will report back as any changes happen and surely bring my camera back into work sometime this week.

I wanted to try and get a picture of 410 Asylum and go see if the Best Western or Front Street were getting started

and I may even venture over by the demolition of the Conn mutual building and the new Aetna Garages. but that is unlikely.

If I could only talk United Technologies into building a world Headquarters there.

I tell ya, a 50+ story world HQ fronting Main, and a 25 story condo tower tucked in next to Mckinnons parking acces stays in the same place between the two buildings.

UTC uses the apartment for corporate housing and relocations. UTC sells off all its suburban offices in Farmington.

the city gains another 400 or so residents, and another 3000 or so office workers. time it just right so it co-incides with the commuter rail opening

I will see what I can find on Duncan, but do not count on anything.

I did want to pass on what I have heard and experienced recently at a few places.

I went to the Greek place on Temple the other day, DD's Gyros.

its pretty good. and quite a good deal money wise. I want to go back for a falafal some day soon but eat lunch out vary rarely.

everyone else I work with who have made any comments (maybe 6 people) all had the same experience as I did.

I hope they can figure out how to stay open till 1 am on weekends and build a nice drunk crowd. I dont get drunk so often anymore, but its the best drunk food ever.

ever!!

Boca rosa apparently has ruffled a few of my co-workers feathers for being too expensive. mainly on drinks.

but I have heard that it is very nice and the panini was excelent and even though a little expensive well worth it.

healthy stuff too.

I will definately grab lunch here some day, but no drinks :)

MAX Burger in West Hartford.

went there for drinks on Sat Night

nice place. lots of outdoor space and the menu looks great. it looks so good that my wife told me we are eathing there this friday. so I guess I will have to report back again :)

let me tell you outdoor drinks and food rock!!! last saturday night did the elbow room and Max Burger.

Would rather do Kyoto and citysteam and the russell, but that will have to wait.

cheers

I do not think we are missing much by not having Joe Blacks.

The society room is active enough that it does not at all feed dead. in fact the society room brings business to the street on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I see it all the time.

I think the biggest losses around there were The bank branch, and Sweet Janes.

I would love to see that Main Street bank space filled. even if it is closed at night time.

and even after Kyoto opens I think Pratt will really need another bar besides vaughn's.

but yes, every well thought out well executed place is a positive to the area.

I agree with VOR on this. Joe Blacks was pretty cool, but its also cool to have a high quality dedicated banquet facility Downtown. It really gives people a fantastic option to utilize Downtown as a backdrop for weddings and such.

Archived