Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

Hartford has avery good mix of laid back bars and nice upscale clubs/bars. A lot of the smaller bars that nobody knows about are the places to be. I can't think of the names but there are a few bars near the Brickyard that a smaller but very nice and always packed.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartford has avery good mix of laid back bars and nice upscale clubs/bars. A lot of the smaller bars that nobody knows about are the places to be. I can't think of the names but there are a few bars near the Brickyard that a smaller but very nice and always packed.

I am a big fan of the giant 3ft beer bongs at city steams! :shok:

Has anyone been to the Club/Bar near G-Fox, I believe it is near there. It is more of a upsacle place. It looks really cool online, reminds me of the Scottsdale club/bar scene. I will try and find a link.

http://www.room960.com/

Hartford really does have a great mix of different types of Bars. Most of the people that I know at Trinity, UCONN, and UHART go downtown every weekend....

Myself I make it to the bars in Hartford once a month or so....I live across the street from the bar district in Springfield so its hard to beat walking to the bars and not having to worry about driving home...

Coach's was lame. The area has plenty of bars, but the restaurant selection needs some work. Downtown doesn't have an Indian restaurant, or a Vietnamese restaurant, or a Korean restaurant, or much in the way of soul food, and it could use a better French restaurant. Enough with the burgers and beer.

Coach's was lame. The area has plenty of bars, but the restaurant selection needs some work. Downtown doesn't have an Indian restaurant, or a Vietnamese restaurant, or a Korean restaurant, or much in the way of soul food, and it could use a better French restaurant. Enough with the burgers and beer.

Yeah, I can pretty much agree with that. Coach's was cool because it was Calhoun's. I'm sure he will re-open. We do need a better selection downtown.

Yeah, I can pretty much agree with that. Coach's was cool because it was Calhoun's. I'm sure he will re-open. We do need a better selection downtown.

Are you guys thinking like national chain restuarants? Fridays, Chili's, Applebee's, and etc?

Are you guys thinking like national chain restuarants? Fridays, Chili's, Applebee's, and etc?

I'm not really thinking chains, although I think we could use a few. I would like to see some more various ethnic foods come downtown, Carribean, Spanish, Vietnamese, Indian, etc.

Whether Coach's was good or not the reason why they closed worries me. They did not go bankrupt they had a lease issue and I know there are good landlords downtown but I hope the owners of smaller buildings like 187 Allyn Street understand the push the city is brining to draw more businesses downtown and it does not help to have others close because of lease issues.....remember Geno Auriema's restaurant that was supposed to be at Trumbull on The Park...he couldnt come to a lease agreement so he concentrated on opening his restuarant at Mohegan Sun and hopefully he will soon concentrate on Hartford once again.

The nightlife scene is one of Hartford's strong points but I think we need more to connect the areas between Allyn Street and Main Street which includes improvements to Pratt Street. There is Club 960 and City Steam on Main and we need to connect that with the Allyn Street area. Hopefully more bars and restaurants will be attracted to Main St and Pear St storefronts when the Sage Allen Building opens.

• 4 weeks later...

The largest Irish bar in New England is opened for business. It is very elegant and very relaxing. Sitting in any of the well sectioned area after work with a brewsky is real treat.

Sounds great. I might need to check it out this weekend? Pratt Street is turning into a real destination!!

The largest Irish bar in New England is opened for business. It is very elegant and very relaxing. Sitting in any of the well sectioned area after work with a brewsky is real treat.

In total agreement... It's a destination type restaurant/pub, It will do huge convention business...

If you guys do decide to set something up, feel free to post possible dates in the thread entitled "Hartford meetup." I'd be interested to attend, but I'd need to know the date well in advance in order to get my butt up to Hartford. :)

This is why I miss working downtown so much. I could walk there a couple of months ago, but now I would have to trek from Rocky Hill. I'd love to join you all.

So Joe Black is in the old Society for Savings Building? I wondered what was going in there. I find it amazing that Hartford has a larger Irish pub than any such one in Boston. That's darn cool!

Archived