Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

Anyone know if they have a website?

I don't think so yet. I was looking for one yesterday and googled an article about a firm that had been contracted to design the "online presence" for Joe Black's. I didn't see anything other than that though.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went there after the HYPE party for its opening night. The place is unbelievable. I heard its over 17000 square feet. The one unfinished section is a banquet hall, which is where the old lobby used to be for the bank. Huge Marble Columns, Very high ceiling (30 ft?) and ornate murals on the ceiling (a la the Bushnell). Hopefully one of my posh friends will invite me to some party there when it is all said and done.

As for the restaurant, you walk in through giant doors, to a bar area. Then there is a huge amount of table seating along the walls, and small circular tables of 4 in the middle. The door to the bank vault is still there as well. Then you go to the back room, which has a much larger bar area and some seats as well. Wood flooring all around.

Place looks beautiful. One table ordered food and it looked great and smelled good too.

Met one of the owners. From southern connecticut and they have a restaurant or two down there.

Only complaint: Went to see the Yanks Sox game and there were no TVs, but that should change.

Should be a great addition.

I don't think so yet. I was looking for one yesterday and googled an article about a firm that had been contracted to design the "online presence" for Joe Black's. I didn't see anything other than that though.

Another great addition to the downtown restaurant/entertainment/nightclub scene. Bringing new and exciting unique places is awesome...add places people will have to go to the city to see such as now for irish bars theres this one plus Vaughns plus the Half Door on Sisson & Farmington in the west end

Anyone know if they have a website?

The Joe Blacks branding and graphics were done by Stoeker Creative in NYC - www.stoeker.com

Joe Blacks will haved a website at some point in the near future.

The food, vibe, and space are amazing. This is such a great enhancement to the growing Hartford scene.

Another great addition to the downtown restaurant/entertainment/nightclub scene. Bringing new and exciting unique places is awesome...add places people will have to go to the city to see such as now for irish bars theres this one plus Vaughns plus the Half Door on Sisson & Farmington in the west end

I mentioned this place to my dad, and now he wants to go to Hartford just to see it (granted, he's kind of an Irish pub freak). But it sounds like this could be a kind of destination place, bringing people downtown who would never ordinarily visit.

I'll try to get down there and take some pics.... I went by last night (Saturday) after having dinner at Hot Tomatos and it looked really nice. The doors opened onto Pratt and inside were very dressed up people...looked nice and busy!!!

It is too bad...although a great space for a restaurant, cafe, bar, etc type place to help create a second bar/entertainment space like Allyn Street/ Union Place

You guys are right. A bar would fit in nicely in that area.

I believe they were just robbed about a month ago maybe...coincidence or not???....These are things though that you have to expect in the city and in the jewlery business that is something you have to expect in the city and in the suburbs. Suburban jewelers are robbed just like banks.

I believe they were just robbed about a month ago maybe...coincidence or not???....These are things though that you have to expect in the city and in the jewlery business that is something you have to expect in the city and in the suburbs. Suburban jewelers are robbed just like banks.

They were robbed at gun point about a month ago, the estimated loss was $200K. I don't know if that was the deciding factor, but it certainly didn't help. I disagree Becker or any jewler, or any business for that matter, have to expect they are going to be robbed in Hartford. You take necessary precaution, but you don't expect to be robbed. If people expect that, then for legal reason nobody will open a business in Hartford. I also disagree with the article that "with close to 1,000 units either planned, in development or already open downtown, a new wave of services is expected to follow once the residents arrive". No business will open shop based on 1,000 units or 2,000 people which is why you are not going to see a grocery store or a book store for awhile.

By the way that is not the only business that folded in Hartford. Since we started our shop there are at least 6 or 7 businesses closed on Pratt Street. Hartford is tough, there is not enough downtown residents, and business layoff is on going, you really need to know what you are doing to do a retail shop.

There are plenty of successful downtown businesses...even on Pratt.

Vaughan's, the Russell, and JoJo's. Why? They are open 7 days a week. I think the whole street should go pedestrian and it would do better.

It's amazing how many people going to a concert or a game stand in front of No FIsh Today only to find out they are closed on Sundays.

There are plenty of successfull businesses downtown. In additon to No Fish Today...Cugino's on Pratt Street is barely ever open and they would also reek the benefits of visitors to events at the Civic Center or to the Old State House. This past Saturday night after dinner at Hot Tomatos which is a restaurant that is preety much always open like Max Downtown I saw a huge group of people get off a tour bus to go to dinner at Morton's at State House Square

Hartford's only French restaurant Pasti's on Ann Street by Allyn will be closing next week but there is good news. The owners will be reopening a seafood restaurant in the same location in September. The new restaurant hopes to cater to Pasti's loyalists (usually 45-50 year olds) as well as younger people such as the 25-30 crowd.

Change is good...although the new restaurant will be created during the summer months leaving two less places for people to go when they are downtown (Pasti's will become the seafood place and Coach's on Allyn Street is getting a revamp).

Pasti's was one of the only French restaurants in the area and the only one in the city which meant for French cusine there was a good chance people would have to go downtown but there also are not that many Seafood restaurants in central CT and there is only No Fish Today downtown so bring on the seafood!!!

Hartford's only French restaurant Pasti's on Ann Street by Allyn will be closing next week but there is good news. The owners will be reopening a seafood restaurant in the same location in September. The new restaurant hopes to cater to Pasti's loyalists (usually 45-50 year olds) as well as younger people such as the 25-30 crowd.

Change is good...although the new restaurant will be created during the summer months leaving two less places for people to go when they are downtown (Pasti's will become the seafood place and Coach's on Allyn Street is getting a revamp).

Pasti's was one of the only French restaurants in the area and the only one in the city which meant for French cusine there was a good chance people would have to go downtown but there also are not that many Seafood restaurants in central CT and there is only No Fish Today downtown so bring on the seafood!!!

I know Chowder Pot is not downtown, but it is one my favorite restuarants in Hartford.

Yes, even though the Chowder Pot is not downtown the Chowder Pot is always packed...they have shows, draw in groups, parties, etc. to a place that even though is not downtown is still a Hartford favorite...not a West Hartford or Rocy Hill or Windsor or Farmington favorite but a Hartford favorite.

Yes, even though the Chowder Pot is not downtown the Chowder Pot is always packed...they have shows, draw in groups, parties, etc. to a place that even though is not downtown is still a Hartford favorite...not a West Hartford or Rocy Hill or Windsor or Farmington favorite but a Hartford favorite.

The Chowder pot is good!

Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of waterfront seafood place on the river with the ability for boats to dock and dine at like what is done in numerous spots on the shore and at Saybrook Point in Old Saybrook.

I forget the name of the place in Middletown, but that place is always packed, and there is also a place in Essex that has a dock and dine.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of waterfront seafood place on the river with the ability for boats to dock and dine at like what is done in numerous spots on the shore and at Saybrook Point in Old Saybrook.

I forget the name of the place in Middletown, but that place is always packed, and there is also a place in Essex that has a dock and dine.

The place in Middletown is called Harbor Park Restaurant and is right between Rt. 9 and the CT River.

Pasti's probably gave many suburbanites (middle aged and older who maybe had bad feelings about the city) who wanted French cusine a reason to go downtown but at least if this new restaurant caters to a younger crowd it will give young professionals another place to go and will still probably draw in these same suburbanites who may want seafood but may not want to drive to the shore

Archived