Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

Well that was quick. Global Gourmet has closed their doors at 960 Main St although the sign on the door says they will continue with their catering business. It also says that they are renovating and opening with a new concept later iun the year. Hope I'm wrong, but who renovates a million dollar build out after one year in business? All the windows in their space today are blacked out.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't they still have a lease obligation? If so I'm assuming light renovation physically, overhaul conceptually. They are going to a more profitable business model, I'm sure they already know what direction they'll be going in.

Shouldn't they still have a lease obligation? If so I'm assuming light renovation physically, overhaul conceptually. They are going to a more profitable business model, I'm sure they already know what direction they'll be going in.

I don't think the cafeteria style thing worked for them, hopefully they are opening a full service restaurant, that would be a great addition.

Only complaint: Went to see the Yanks Sox game and there were no TVs, but that should change.

Please no TV. Go to McKinnon's to watch a game.

Oh my gosh!!!!! This is sad...I like Global Gourmet although places in the G. Fox Building have proved succesfull (Club 960) so maybe becoming a full service restaurant could be the key....dinner and then hit the club

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by the old Song Hays and stopped in, looks pretty impressive on the inside... Definitely a new jem for Hartford if it is anything like the owners other restaurant Ginza in Bloomfield... The menu seems impressive.

Article from the Courant: http://www.courant.com/features/food/hc-re...0,3663335.story

"Main dishes, based on fish, duck, poussin, lamb and beef, will be presented on oversized white dinner platters. " What the heck is a poussin?

Was downtown around lunchtime today and walked by and everyone was getting ready to cut the ribbon. Looks nice inside and certainly another addition to Asylum Street which is now home to a Burger King, Subway, Koji, Mayor Mikes, Black Eyed Sallys, Red Plate and now Feng.

when are we going to get a hibachi style resturant downtown!

One step at a time, at least we got a cutting edge asian restaurant that seems at home in Boston or New York. With Koji right up the street, who's in for a Sake crawl??

It's good to see it's open on Saturday and Sunday nights. When I worked downtown I would walk past this all the time and wondering what was going on. This where that place with the brick arch at the entrance used to be, right?

Exactly. The old Song Hayes.

Looks great. Very elegant, can't wait to check it out. The restaurant doesn't look too bad either, lol.

You tried to click on the girl didn't you? The chef Jason is an assoicate of David Burke. David Burke is one of the top chefs in the country.

Archived