Benton County Projects

mcheiss

Well, I was wondering when I was going to start this topic and decided now was the best time to. This will be an update of projects going on in all of Benton County.

In Bella Vista, a developer has proposed building a beach along Lake Avalon in Bella Vista. They want to make a Semi-inclosed bath house. The project would be similar to projects along Hot Springs Village.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was wondering when I was going to start this topic and decided now was the best time to. This will be an update of projects going on in all of Benton County.

In Bella Vista, a developer has proposed building a beach along Lake Avalon in Bella Vista. They want to make a Semi-inclosed bath house. The project would be similar to projects along Hot Springs Village.

Now quite sure if I heard about a project exactly like this. So it will be a beach and a semi-enclosed bathhouse? Bella Vista does have a number of small lakes. Not sure if they can imitate Hot Springs too much just for the fact that the lakes in Hot Springs are so much bigger than what's in Bella Vista. But it sounds like an interesting project. I'm not too familiar with any projects in Hot Springs Village. Any more details about this project that you might know about?

Now quite sure if I heard about a project exactly like this. So it will be a beach and a semi-enclosed bathhouse? Bella Vista does have a number of small lakes. Not sure if they can imitate Hot Springs too much just for the fact that the lakes in Hot Springs are so much bigger than what's in Bella Vista. But it sounds like an interesting project. I'm not too familiar with any projects in Hot Springs Village. Any more details about this project that you might know about?

Not much, a friend who lives near Bella Vista told me. He said it would be a nice sized beach. I'm not sure if it would be sandy or what. Who knows? Condos might even be coming in the area. There's a lot of potential for it. It's not going to be a lot, but it will add more pizzaz to the area.

I'll be making a complete list within the next few days of all the developments up here in Benton County. My lists are too long and it will take me quite a few days to get everything.

Not much, a friend who lives near Bella Vista told me. He said it would be a nice sized beach. I'm not sure if it would be sandy or what. Who knows? Condos might even be coming in the area. There's a lot of potential for it. It's not going to be a lot, but it will add more pizzaz to the area.

I'll be making a complete list within the next few days of all the developments up here in Benton County. My lists are too long and it will take me quite a few days to get everything.

With all the problems with the condo development on Beaver Lake maybe they will focus some on some condos on the small lakes around Bella Vista. Bella Vista has fallen behind in some ways. When I first moved up here it was generally one of the nicest places to live in northwest Arkansas. Then real estate skyrocketed in much of the rest of northwest Arkansas and Bella Vista ended up being one of the cheaper places to go live. I'm also waiting to see if they will become an official city. Compared to other retirement cities in Arkansas it's much more bigger and I think becoming a city will help it better control things within the city.

With all the problems with the condo development on Beaver Lake maybe they will focus some on some condos on the small lakes around Bella Vista. Bella Vista has fallen behind in some ways. When I first moved up here it was generally one of the nicest places to live in northwest Arkansas. Then real estate skyrocketed in much of the rest of northwest Arkansas and Bella Vista ended up being one of the cheaper places to go live. I'm also waiting to see if they will become an official city. Compared to other retirement cities in Arkansas it's much more bigger and I think becoming a city will help it better control things within the city.

Bella Vista is probably going to become a city. Most people in Bella Vista seems to support it and it's supposed to go on the ballot in 2006. Bella Vista is the largest Village in Arkansas and the 3rd largest in the U.S. There's a lot of cheap real estate out there, and it's only a matter of time before condos become big out there.

Okay, so I don't overwhelm anybody, I'll do these projects in phases.

The first phase is of all of the hotel developments up here in Benton County going on.

Embassy Suites - 150 room expansion, completion 2007 or so - Rogers

Country Inn & Suites - 4 story hotel, completion 2006 - Rogers

Homewood Suites by Hilton - 4 story hotel, completion 2006 - Rogers

Staybridge Suites - 4 story extended stay hotel, completion 2006 - Rogers

Holiday Inn - 6 story hotel, completion around 2006 or early 2007 - Rogers

La Quinta Inn & Suites - opened recently - Bentonville

Best Western Castlerock Estates - 4 story 80 or so rooms, completion in 2006 - Bentonville

Doubletree Hotel - 5 story Hotel, 140 rooms, completion 2007 - Bentonville

Comfort Suites - 4 story hotel, 80 rooms, completion 2006 - Bentonville

Simmons Suites - 4 story extended stay hotel, completion 2006 - Bentonville

Just do it like me and overwhelem everyone. :D I'm glad you started this topic though. I'd like to hear more details about developments that are going on in Benton County. Maybe we'll start being able to have bigger concentions and such with having more hotels rooms. I know that's already been a problem during times like War Eagle or Bikes Blue and BBQ.

Just do it like me and overwhelem everyone. :D I'm glad you started this topic though. I'd like to hear more details about developments that are going on in Benton County. Maybe we'll start being able to have bigger concentions and such with having more hotels rooms. I know that's already been a problem during times like War Eagle or Bikes Blue and BBQ.

Thanks Mith.

There might be some regurgetation from some other topics, but what I really want to do is have all the projects in this thread, regardless if they are in other threads.

Suprisingly, we have 7,000 hotel rooms and most people say we have to many. I think they are wrong, because through the week, hotels in Benton County are just about filled, while on the weekend they don't do as hot.

During events like War Eage, Uof A football games, Wal-Mart Shareholders meetings, and B B BBQ there is almost no hotel rooms available.

Bella Vista is probably going to become a city. Most people in Bella Vista seems to support it and it's supposed to go on the ballot in 2006. Bella Vista is the largest Village in Arkansas and the 3rd largest in the U.S. There's a lot of cheap real estate out there, and it's only a matter of time before condos become big out there.

As of 2000 over fifty percent of Bella Vista's population was over sixty. That would be a very strange town, if incorporated.

As of 2000 over fifty percent of Bella Vista's population was over sixty. That would be a very strange town, if incorporated.

I never thought of it that way. That would be weird.

Bella Vista only wants to become a city so they can address issues like turn back funds from the government, having a centralized city government, and possibly attracting attention from businesses and investors. Also so things like schools could be formed, in which right now Bella Vista relies on Bentonville.

Bella Vista's population has been changing though. With real estate in most of northwest Arkansas passing up Bella Vista many younger people and familes have started moving in because they can buy a cheaper house there than many other places in northwest Arkansas cities. I think that's yet another reason for it to become a city. It's not going to be just a retirement community anymore.

Thanks Mith.

There might be some regurgetation from some other topics, but what I really want to do is have all the projects in this thread, regardless if they are in other threads.

Suprisingly, we have 7,000 hotel rooms and most people say we have to many. I think they are wrong, because through the week, hotels in Benton County are just about filled, while on the weekend they don't do as hot.

During events like War Eage, Uof A football games, Wal-Mart Shareholders meetings, and B B BBQ there is almost no hotel rooms available.

Yeah it is nice to have everything in one topic. I did that for a while for Fayetteville. Although after a while I wanted to mention other things outside of Fayetteville. That and I wasn't sure if some people might be put off by seeing a topic with a huge amount of responses. Like they might be more willing to take a look at something that seemed more easy to get into. So I slowly started mentioning things like particular projects and such in other topics. But I do think it would be nice to have a general Benton County topic going. I personally don't think we have too many hotel rooms. I thought I had heard somewhere that sometimes we have a hard time attracting large conventions and such because we don't have enough hotel rooms in the area to support them. But I agree with you, with a lot of events in the area hotel rooms seem pretty hard to come by. I guess it partly depends on the rest of the year when these bigger events aren't going on. But I'd like to see northwest Arkansas do more in the way of conventions and also do more in tourism and bring in more people.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask this earlier. Matt since you seem to be the only Benton County resident who's very active nowadays maybe you can answer this question. Although others are welcome to voice their opinion also. What project that is currently being built or in the works do you think will have the biggest impact in Benton County?

Oh yeah I forgot to ask this earlier. Matt since you seem to be the only Benton County resident who's very active nowadays maybe you can answer this question. Although others are welcome to voice their opinion also. What project that is currently being built or in the works do you think will have the biggest impact in Benton County?

If you ask me, I would have to say the whole Pinnacle Area is going to have the biggest Impact. The whole master plan development for them has been developed off of the Pinnacle Promenade Mall. Within One Square mile of the J.B. Hunt Parkway Tower, over $1 Billion in Development has been announced through 2009!!! Ever since J.B. Hunt and Bill Schwyhart announced they wanted to build a 1 million square foot mall, things like new restaurants, office buildings, and even a 125,000 square foot convention center have been announced. Pinnacle Promenade has virtually put Rogers on the map nationally.

Now on to Mixed-use developments that involve Office Space:

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center, completion 2008 or so, Rogers. 9 stories .

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1, 100,000 square feet, Completion 2009. Rogers. 10+ stories.

Pinnacle Hills Tower, Proposed Mixed use Tower Completion 2009. Rogers. 16 stories.

Unamed Office Tower. Rogers. 10 stories.

John Q. Hammons Convention Center. 125,000 square foot convention center. Completion early 2007.

Embassy Suites Expansion. 150 room expansion. Rogers. 8-9 stories.

Bentonville Plaza. 3 mixed use buildings and large hotel. Bentonville. 9 stories each.

Superior Commerical Building. One of the largest building once completed in Arkansas. Almost 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Bentonville. 4 stories

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development. Rogers. (2-3) 12 stories.

Most of these are situated right next to each other, so it gives Rogers somewhat of an urbal feel.

Now on to Mixed-use developments that involve Office Space:

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center, completion 2008 or so, Rogers. 9 stories .

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1, 100,000 square feet, Completion 2009. Rogers. 10+ stories.

Pinnacle Hills Tower, Proposed Mixed use Tower Completion 2009. Rogers. 16 stories.

Unamed Office Tower. Rogers. 10 stories.

John Q. Hammons Convention Center. 125,000 square foot convention center. Completion early 2007.

Embassy Suites Expansion. 150 room expansion. Rogers. 8-9 stories.

Bentonville Plaza. 3 mixed use buildings and large hotel. Bentonville. 9 stories each.

Superior Commerical Building. One of the largest building once completed in Arkansas. Almost 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Bentonville. 4 stories

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development. Rogers. (2-3) 12 stories.

Most of these are situated right next to each other, so it gives Rogers somewhat of an urbal feel.

Yeah I was about to ask where all of these would be. It will certainly give Rogers a different feel with them all being relatively close to each other.

Yeah I was about to ask where all of these would be. It will certainly give Rogers a different feel with them all being relatively close to each other.

All but one of these is situated right off I-540. Most are in the pinnacle area. There's plenty of land still out there for more things like Urban condos and mixed use projects. I do wonder what Rogers is going to feel like in 5 or even 10 years. I hope we become more like Fayetteville and focus on urban growth.

All but one of these is situated right off I-540. Most are in the pinnacle area. There's plenty of land still out there for more things like Urban condos and mixed use projects. I do wonder what Rogers is going to feel like in 5 or even 10 years. I hope we become more like Fayetteville and focus on urban growth.

Mcheiss,

Since you are in the know on what is going on in Pinnacle, do you have any idea on new tenants for Pinnacle Promenade or even ones just tossed around? I am sort of disappointed in only hearing about JC Penney and Dillards. Those are OK, but we already have them in the area. Any new stores or restaurants to the state that you know of? Any high end stores you know of?

Mcheiss,

Since you are in the know on what is going on in Pinnacle, do you have any idea on new tenants for Pinnacle Promenade or even ones just tossed around? I am sort of disappointed in only hearing about JC Penney and Dillards. Those are OK, but we already have them in the area. Any new stores or restaurants to the state that you know of? Any high end stores you know of?

Nice to hear from you RemusCal.

Well, Sharper Image and PF Changs have been "very interested" by Arkansas Business. Malco is opening up a theatre there. I have heard that Fleming's Steakhouse, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, American Eagle, Build A Bear Workshop, Ann Taylor, White House/Black Market, Aeropostale, and Camille's Sidewalk Cafe have all been interested as well in the development.

I am somewhat frustrated by Pinnacle's approach on announcing tenants and anchors. I'm guessing that they are waiting untill it's near opening date to release tenants. It is suppose to resemble the Jordan Creek Town Center in Wes Des Moines.

Here's a link to the mall.

http://www.jordancreektowncenter.com/html/Shops.asp

Nice to hear from you RemusCal.

Well, Sharper Image and PF Changs have been "very interested" by Arkansas Business. Malco is opening up a theatre there. I have heard that Fleming's Steakhouse, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, American Eagle, Build A Bear Workshop, Ann Taylor, White House/Black Market, Aeropostale, and Camille's Sidewalk Cafe have all been interested as well in the development.

I am somewhat frustrated by Pinnacle's approach on announcing tenants and anchors. I'm guessing that they are waiting untill it's near opening date to release tenants. It is suppose to resemble the Jordan Creek Town Center in Wes Des Moines.

Here's a link to the mall.

http://www.jordancreektowncenter.com/html/Shops.asp

Yeah there's so many developments going up now or in the near future that I imagine some places are in a wait and see mode for now. I do wish some of the local developments had better websites. Although some in Benton County seem to be doing a better job. It seems like I can never find any developments that are going on in Washington County with much if any website.

Now, on to some of the fun stuff!!! :D

Here's a list of the big retail projects being developed in Benton County that I know off:

Wal-Mart Supercenter - Centerton

Lowe's Home Improvement - Bentonville

Petco - Rogers

Pleasant Crossing (Wal-Mart Supercenter, Saks Parisian, Sportsman's Wearhouse, Malco Theatre's 12 screen with IMAX, Bed Bath and Beyond, Arvest Bank [1.2 Million Square Foot Retail Development] - Rogers

Centre Pointe (Walgreens and 350,000 square feet of Big Box Retail) - Rogers

Pinnacle Promenade (J.C. Penny, Dillards, Malco Theatre 12 screen, PF Changs{rumored}, Sharper Image{rumored} [980,000 square foot upscale lifestyle and power center, 6 unknown national restaurants]. - Rogers

Pinnacle Springs (Home Depot, 6 unknown national restaurants) - Rogers

Archived