Benton County Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incase some of you don't know.

Rogers is planning a second high school to be opened in 2008.

The current Sophomore Campus will be the sight for the new high school. The current campus is around 190,000 square feet and when completed it will be around 350,000 square feet.

Cost is around $35 Million.

Here's some renderings of the school once completed.

RHS2-2.jpg

RHS2-7.jpg

RHS2-8.jpg

A new pediatric center unlike anything in northwest Arkansas is in the works in Bentonville.

The Department of Pediatric Services at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences plans to combine several clinics under one roof to streamline services at the new Northwest Arkansas Center for Children.

The Arkansas Building Authority in Little Rock recently received a low bid for the 7-acre, 33,000-square-foot project, said Maureen Strobel, real estate manager for the Authority.

The center will hold aspects of Kids First, the Schmieding Developmental Center, and UAMS outreach clinics, many of which are spread throughout northwest Arkansas. Between 15 and 30 clinics could come together in the pediatric center , including hearing and vision clinics, speech pathologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and exam rooms.

The building will also be between 1 and 2 stories.

Interesting design on the school. I seem to recall the current high school (or is it Bentonville that I'm thinking of) looks interesting too. By the way, what in the world is that one kid doing in that last rendition on the right?

He looks pretty high off the ground there.

Or wait, are they installing a low grav area? Wow, Rogers has obviously come a long way. :lol: By the way Matt what's your avatar now?

Interesting design on the school. I seem to recall the current high school (or is it Bentonville that I'm thinking of) looks interesting too. By the way, what in the world is that one kid doing in that last rendition on the right?

He looks pretty high off the ground there.

Or wait, are they installing a low grav area? Wow, Rogers has obviously come a long way. :lol: By the way Matt what's your avatar now?

I'm pretty sure he's skateboarding, although I'm not sure. Who knows, may'be we are getting a low gravity area :rofl:

My avatar is a picture of Boston Avenue in Tulsa, one of the most urban areas in Tulsa. Thanks for noticing.

I'm pretty sure he's skateboarding, although I'm not sure. Who knows, may'be we are getting a low gravity area :rofl:

My avatar is a picture of Boston Avenue in Tulsa, one of the most urban areas in Tulsa. Thanks for noticing.

Unfortunately it was just small enough that I couldn't tell what it was. Yeah Tulsa has some nice urban areas. It's been quite a few years since I was there and even longer since I've taken any pics there.

The Sam's Club in Bentonville is a new project that is about to start construction soon.

The store will be 155,000 square feet and be adjacent to the Neighborhood Market right off Arkansas 102.

I haven't seen much going on at our future Sam's location yet. But I think it's a little further behind schedule because of the planning commission and the decision about the liquor store.

What's the update on the liquor permit up there?

They did get it, much to the disappointment to many liquor stores in the area. But of course with the way the law is here in Arkansas that will be the only Wal-mart/Sam's that will be able to sell alcohol in the whole state.

They did get it, much to the disappointment to many liquor stores in the area. But of course with the way the law is here in Arkansas that will be the only Wal-mart/Sam's that will be able to sell alcohol in the whole state.

It will be nice to have 2 Sam's Clubs in the area by 2007.

It's always a pain to drive to Springdale, not that I don't enjoy it. I'd rather shop in Benton County because it's closer to my house.

It will be nice to have 2 Sam's Clubs in the area by 2007.

It's always a pain to drive to Springdale, not that I don't enjoy it. I'd rather shop in Benton County because it's closer to my house.

yeah I never really bothered going to Springdale just to go to Sam's. I'd be more likely to go shop at Springdale for authentic hispanic food. :D

A few new projects going in on the north side of Rogers.

47,500 square foot Harley Davidson Dealership. This will be the largest Harley Davidson Dealership in the state.

400,000 square foot Glad Warehouse. One of the largest buildings in Rogers square footage wise.

114,000 square foot Benchmark Office Building. The Building will be 4 stories tall. Another previous office building near the Benchmark Office Building is supposed to be 10 stories tall.

A few new projects going in on the north side of Rogers.

47,500 square foot Harley Davidson Dealership. This will be the largest Harley Davidson Dealership in the state.

400,000 square foot Glad Warehouse. One of the largest buildings in Rogers square footage wise.

114,000 square foot Benchmark Office Building. The Building will be 4 stories tall. Another previous office building near the Benchmark Office Building is supposed to be 10 stories tall.

I'm sure the BBB people will appreciate the Harley Davidson dealership.

I'm sure the BBB people will appreciate the Harley Davidson dealership.

Yes, infact a lot of the BBB people were quite suprised that we didn't have one. I'm glad it's going on the northside. It seams like development doesn't come there very often, and it should have a pretty good effect up there.

Northwest Arkansas Community College is about to start construction on an expansion of their facilities.

The college is constructing an 84,000-square-foot student center plaza and a four-story, 800-spot parking garage at a total cost of about $14 million.

The student center and parking garage are the first buildings to be constructed under the college

Northwest Arkansas Community College is about to start construction on an expansion of their facilities.

The college is constructing an 84,000-square-foot student center plaza and a four-story, 800-spot parking garage at a total cost of about $14 million.

The student center and parking garage are the first buildings to be constructed under the college

True, I guess maybe all the sudden growth and the fact that much of the population is scattered around. They're not too far behind on the U of A. It wasn't that long ago that they finally built their first parking garage.

I don't know exact figures on enrollment there, but I think it's somewhere around 6,000 or so.

Also, we've been talking a lot about culture and things like that in this forum a lot lately.

I found out that a church in Rogers- Valley Harvest Ministries, is moving from it's rented space in Embassy Suites to a permanet location in Bentonville. This church is about the only "southern baptist" church in Benton County. The Church has around 300 members, with about 50% black, and the rest being primarily asian and hispanic, with a few whites. The Church is planning on building a 16,000 square foot location in Bentonville.

Just thought I'd inform people on the culture situation up here in Benton County.

Also, we've been talking a lot about culture and things like that in this forum a lot lately.

I found out that a church in Rogers- Valley Harvest Ministries, is moving from it's rented space in Embassy Suites to a permanet location in Bentonville. This church is about the only "southern baptist" church in Benton County. The Church has around 300 members, with about 50% black, and the rest being primarily asian and hispanic, with a few whites. The Church is planning on building a 16,000 square foot location in Bentonville.

Just thought I'd inform people on the culture situation up here in Benton County.

Yeah there's something similar to that in Fayetteville. It was called something Harvest, I actually passed it on the way to the National Cemetery. While there are obviously lots of Baptists in the area I think it's one of the few of it's type in Fayetteville. I'm not up on all the Baptist denominations but I hear it's where a lot of Fayetteville's Afro-American community goes to church.

Yeah there's something similar to that in Fayetteville. It was called something Harvest, I actually passed it on the way to the National Cemetery. While there are obviously lots of Baptists in the area I think it's one of the few of it's type in Fayetteville. I'm not up on all the Baptist denominations but I hear it's where a lot of Fayetteville's Afro-American community goes to church.

It's definately a plus for cultural diversity here in Benton County.

I didn't notice it a whole lot at first but KNWA seems to be using it's studio in Pinnacle Hills more. They're getting to where they seem to have a lot of special reports from someone out of their studio there. Although I'm glad they still have their main studio in downtown Fayetteville, it's nice to see them focus more on Rogers and Bentonville. (Matt I just saw the Ozark Regional Transit commercial again watching KNWA news.)

I didn't notice it a whole lot at first but KNWA seems to be using it's studio in Pinnacle Hills more. They're getting to where they seem to have a lot of special reports from someone out of their studio there. Although I'm glad they still have their main studio in downtown Fayetteville, it's nice to see them focus more on Rogers and Bentonville. (Matt I just saw the Ozark Regional Transit commercial again watching KNWA news.)

Attendance is getting a lot better on the buses.

I'm not sure on the Rogers's Routes, but it is picking up speed.

Archived