Benton County Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two new restaurants opened in Bentonville recently:

Bubba Kool's Chill Zone- serves pizza, ice cream and coffee.

Gusano's Chicago Pizzeria- also serves pizza, but in the tradional Chicago thick crust pie style.

Years ago I had been to a pizza place that had a chicago style crust and I liked it quite a bit. I wish I had a place like that here in Fayetteville.

Years ago I had been to a pizza place that had a chicago style crust and I liked it quite a bit. I wish I had a place like that here in Fayetteville.

Yeah, it's pretty good, about the best in the area as far as pizza wise.

Another Pizza Restaurant I forgot to add was Papa Murphy's Take N Bake Pizza. They opened not too long ago in North Bentonville.

Yeah, it's pretty good, about the best in the area as far as pizza wise.

Another Pizza Restaurant I forgot to add was Papa Murphy's Take N Bake Pizza. They opened not too long ago in North Bentonville.

There's been a pizza place open a year or so ago down here called Guido's that I've heard a lot of people say good things about. Somehow I haven't managed to try them out yet.

Sorry to wonder off-topic again but I was wondering something. Which newspaper do you prefer Matt? For quite a while I usually got the Arkansas Democrat Gazette because it was a good all around source of info. I also got more into it after the Arkansas forum and wanting to hear more about other things happening in the rest of the state. But I do miss not having more local coverage. I've been considering switching to the The Morning News. Although that gets a little complicated because they have seperate papers for each city. I don't necessarily miss out on Benton County news too. Just curious if you had any preferences.

Sorry to wonder off-topic again but I was wondering something. Which newspaper do you prefer Matt? For quite a while I usually got the Arkansas Democrat Gazette because it was a good all around source of info. I also got more into it after the Arkansas forum and wanting to hear more about other things happening in the rest of the state. But I do miss not having more local coverage. I've been considering switching to the The Morning News. Although that gets a little complicated because they have seperate papers for each city. I don't necessarily miss out on Benton County news too. Just curious if you had any preferences.

I prefer Arkansas Democrat Gazette, because they seem to inform more about projects going on in Benton County. I subscribe to The Morning News, but I always pick up a democrat gazette at work and read it.

I prefer Arkansas Democrat Gazette, because they seem to inform more about projects going on in Benton County. I subscribe to The Morning News, but I always pick up a democrat gazette at work and read it.

Maybe I'll do it the other way around. If I pick up The Morning News at work then I can also decide which city I might want to focus on that day.

If Fayetteville doesn't start doing more Rogers will have a more impressive skyline. The only think Fayetteville is getting that's 9 stories or higher is the Renaissance Tower at 16 stories. I don't think any of the other projects I've heard about are going to be 9 stories or higher.

I think Rogers is on it's way to having a nice skyline.

That area from Walnut Street to Perry Road along the Interstate is really developing into an urban metro.

I think Rogers is on it's way to having a nice skyline.

That area from Walnut Street to Perry Road along the Interstate is really developing into an urban metro.

After these developments start coming along I'll have to make it a point to go to Rogers and Benton County a little more often. If Matt doesn't have a camera yet I'll take some pics myself.

After these developments start coming along I'll have to make it a point to go to Rogers and Benton County a little more often. If Matt doesn't have a camera yet I'll take some pics myself.

It might be a few years until the skyline is there.

Most of these projects haven't started construction yet, so it could take 12 months+ before we see some good steelwork going up.

It might be a few years until the skyline is there.

Most of these projects haven't started construction yet, so it could take 12 months+ before we see some good steelwork going up.

I'll be excited just to see some projects like Pinnacle Hills Promenade going.

The Hindu Association of Northwest Arkansas opened a prayer and cultural hall in Gentry recently.

The prayer hall is in the countryside of Benton County and will be the spiritual home to Hindus in Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas. Currently, there are more than 500 Hindu families live in the area, from Fort Smith to Joplin, Mo., in addition to an ever-changing group of students at the University of Arkansas.

The prayer hall is on 18 acres, and plans include a temple on top of the hill, facing east.

This is the first permanet Hindu Hall in Benton County, may'be all of Northwest Arkansas, and is definately another plus is cultural diveristy in Benton County.

The Hindu Association of Northwest Arkansas opened a prayer and cultural hall in Gentry recently.

The prayer hall is in the countryside of Benton County and will be the spiritual home to Hindus in Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas. Currently, there are more than 500 Hindu families live in the area, from Fort Smith to Joplin, Mo., in addition to an ever-changing group of students at the University of Arkansas.

The prayer hall is on 18 acres, and plans include a temple on top of the hill, facing east.

This is the first permanet Hindu Hall in Benton County, may'be all of Northwest Arkansas, and is definately another plus is cultural diveristy in Benton County.

That's very interesting, I'd have to agree that it's probably a first for this area. I wonder how they decided on Gentry as their location.

That's very interesting, I'd have to agree that it's probably a first for this area. I wonder how they decided on Gentry as their location.

It is odd to have it out in Gentry, but they wanted to find a place away from all of the new developments where it was peaceful and tranquil.

It is odd to have it out in Gentry, but they wanted to find a place away from all of the new developments where it was peaceful and tranquil.

Yeah tranquil and peaceful for now, but it may not be for very long the way things are going up here. As far as I know the only other thing Gentry is known for is that wildlife safari thing.

The Sanctuary, One of NWA's finest restaurants, will be opening November 14th in Bentonville.

The restaurant will have Two menus (1) upstairs Sanctuary will be a fine dining restaurant with European-style and (2) the Wine Cellar basement will have a casual menu.

Bentonville really seems to be pulling in quite a few restaurants along with Rogers. Those two cities sound like they will really be giving Fayetteville a run for it's money soon.

Yeah, Bentonville actually took the Plaza from Rogers, which was like the most upscale restaurant in Benton County.

Well I do think those two cities will be more likely to grow together and perform together rather well so it may not be a big deal in the near future. I'm not sure how well Fayetteville and Springdale will end up growing and working together in comparison.

Archived