Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

william

Sunday's forum gathering/Hampton

Friends,

I would just like to say what a great time I had Sunday. The energy and passion you folks have is very encouraging. There are so many more people nowadays (compared to times past) that do care how we are recreating our built environment. Talked to the Doorman of Poetry last night and gave him the rundown.

Thanks to Lexy for organizing this.

As to the look of the new Hampton Inn, the Poet is correct. Seven stories, underground parking. And it will be brick and, from what I've been told by a person who is involved in the project, a sturdy and handsome building. A rendering will be unveiled by the local media very soon. IJDave is correct to say that this building is an important piece of the SoBro puzzle.

WW

It was great to meet you. I'm glad you enjoyed the meet and look forward to meeting you again. It was awesome you got to meet up with us and join in on our tour and discussions on the city. It was a great time.

I enjoyed meeting you William, and I wish I could have spent more time with you Sunday (Titans game). We really do appreciate all the scoop you have for us, and certainly enjoy reading your articles in The City Paper. Thanks again.