Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KendallKid

Does anyone consider sweetwater urban?

KendallKid    0

I was driving through sweetwater this weekend and thought to myself how Bronxish it is. Apartments line the street and people walk not drive. I thought it was pretty darn urban.

Brickell    0

I wouldn't go so far as to call it urban, but it's density is intense for Florida. When it's not underwater it reminds me of Hialeah. I like to use the term dense sprawl for Kendall, and I think Sweetwater is a step above that, but not much.

I've seen aerial pics of Miami's "suburbs", and compared to other cities' suburbs, they're pretty dense. I'm sure that the farther west and south you go, it turns into single family homes and unwalkable places. But it's still impressive.

dave8721    0

My gosh! It seems very dense, and so residential. I'd say its Urban, although it may only be a suburb.

Miami is a bit of an unusual city in that after you leave the downtown core and reach the Coral Gables area, from the point on density INCREASES with distance from downtown with the far flung areas like Fontainebleau, the Hammocks, West Kendall, Hialeah and Aventura being the most dense.