IN PROGRESS: Metro Centre Plaza | T.F. Green Station

Cotuit

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any definate plans in the works for hotels and office buildings from developers?

not yet (that I know of), but I hear the elevated moving sidewalk will have 'tie-ins' at various places to one day create a small matrix of indoor bridges along the corridor - all abviously leading to the train station/rental car mall and the airport terminal.

Are there any definate plans in the works for hotels and office buildings from developers?

Last week I worked on a schematic site plan for a large development parcel next to the station - it included a hotel and two office buildings, both with ground-level retail/restaurant space, connected by pedestrian spaces from the station. It also had a parking garage backed up against Jefferson Blvd. and the access road to the airport.

The point was just to look at what could be done potentially with the site, so it doesn't mean much more than that. Obviously there is interest though, to create commercial development once the station is there.

Hopefully they'll make it dense and urban. The Hilton that they built a year or two ago is a good start, being built to the street and all.

They salvaged the facade of part of the old mill when they built the Gardens Inn...

The only thing that I'm aware of, is the site across from the Honey Dew donut shop at the intxn of Coronado and Jefferson (it's a restaurant now - forgot the name - begins with a "C") - the owner of the restaurant wants to build condos there...

Hopefully they'll make it dense and urban. The Hilton that they built a year or two ago is a good start, being built to the street and all.

And yet just down the street, maybe only half a mile away, they just built two prime examples of suburban-style office space, both buildings set well back from the Boulevard and surrounded by surface parking.

And yet just down the street, maybe only half a mile away, they just built two prime examples of suburban-style office space, both buildings set well back from the Boulevard and surrounded by surface parking.

Ahh yes, the Holiday Inn Express?

My friend is actually working on it. All I got out of him is the parking garage is huge and it spans over the tracks. That doesn't seem to make much sense though, and he's an idiot so I wouldn't put much into that...

My friend is actually working on it. All I got out of him is the parking garage is huge and it spans over the tracks. That doesn't seem to make much sense though, and he's an idiot so I wouldn't put much into that...

:lol:

Well the media said 3000+ spaces with 1000-ish reserved for commuter parking. So maybe he's right this time. The images I saw on Channel 10 were indeed huge, think Alewife or Quincy Adams T Stations.

:lol:

Well the media said 3000+ spaces with 1000-ish reserved for commuter parking. So maybe he's right this time. The images I saw on Channel 10 were indeed huge, think Alewife or Quincy Adams T Stations.

Are the renderings on the Channel 10 website? I haven't seen them.

the one I saw on ch10 was that one.

The one frankie posted has the people mover in it, which is out of the plan, so it's an older generation rendering. There was much more detail shown on Channel 10, it could have been that basic deisgn, but the renderings were more detailed.

Final clearing begining...ground breaking should be next month....

http://www.turnto10.com/news/6619873/detail.html

FINALLY... since this should have been completed a couple years ago!

the one in the above link doesn't show the moving sidewalk but I can tell you that the design has changed quite a bit from that one from what I can see...

looks a lot like the route 128 station in Mass

except there is a busy airport next door

the design has indeed changed form what we have seen so far - it will look much more like the terminal building than whats in those renderings. I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on the newer renderings before Mondays announcement...

Archived