IN PROGRESS: Metro Centre Plaza | T.F. Green Station

Cotuit

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quick slightly tangential question - does the P&W have rights to run a passenger train over the Northeast Corridor? I know they have freight rights, but I wonder if they would have passenger rights?

They've said they want to investigate the possibility of running a passenger service between Providence and Worcester, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

first bids for actual construction are going out:

http://www.pvdairport.com/ktml2/files/uplo...nt/02%20STL.pdf

the work will be site prep and alteration of areas of the airport's short term lot for the support pedestals that will support the enclosed moving sidewalk connector between the airport and the new intermodal facility.

apparently I missed the first one, for the precast concrete that will make up the actual structure of the intermodal facility & parking garages - that one came out a few weeks ago...

• 3 weeks later...

Construction to begin on intermodal facility. Gilbane Building Co., the construction manager for the Warwick Intermodal Facility, and PB Americas Inc., the project manager, have been begun planning a number of projects for the $222.5 million transportation hub, slated to open in late 2009. http://www.pbn.com/stories/25667.html

I heard a rumor that Peter Pan/Bonanza bus will announce returning service to/from PVD on Monday...

Great news, rumor wise. Continued service to Boston as before or maybe two stop Hyannis service? Fall River and New Bedford stop possibilities.

Mark

Airport service will consist of direct buses to the PP/B Terminal on North Main with connecting service to points on the Cape, Boston, etc.

How bad is the car theft situation at the PP/B Terminal on North Main right now? It's not exactly easy access any other way other than to drive...

- Garris

How bad is the car theft situation at the PP/B Terminal on North Main right now? It's not exactly easy access any other way other than to drive...

- Garris

I was told the car theft situation had been taken care of, but I have no idea if that's true. Don't even get me started on how inacessible the terminal is. Unless you're coming from 95N to exit 25A, it's a pain in the a** to get there. Here's the route I'm forced to walk because of barbed wire fences, highways, train tracks, blah blah blah. The red pushpin is where I wish they'd cut some stairs into the embankment so pedestrians could get there from the Smithfield Ave sidewalk.

GMaps

if you haven't already - send PP/B a letter asking them for better pedestrian access??

If I send them a letter it will be to ask them to stop using that for passenger service, it adds about a half hour to the trip between Kennedy Plaza and the Cape. We need to get Gaspee Station built!

• 4 weeks later...

I was told the car theft situation had been taken care of, but I have no idea if that's true. Don't even get me started on how inacessible the terminal is. Unless you're coming from 95N to exit 25A, it's a pain in the a** to get there. Here's the route I'm forced to walk because of barbed wire fences, highways, train tracks, blah blah blah. The red pushpin is where I wish they'd cut some stairs into the embankment so pedestrians could get there from the Smithfield Ave sidewalk.

GMaps

Love your map! I used to live in the Fairlawn section for years (now in Maine), and I know exactly what you are talking about! Jumping from one link to another, and I found myself in UrbanPlanet. I like to keep up with what's changing in RI, and, as Arnie put it so succinctly, I'll be back! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived