IN PROGRESS: Metro Centre Plaza | T.F. Green Station

Cotuit

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had thought only the MBTA, and not Amtrak, was stopping at the station?

- Garris

PS: So is this the final list?

- Boston

- Chicago (added from post below)

- New York (I included Newark in the NY metro...)

- Philadelphia

- Minneapolis

- Portland

- San Francisco

- Washington DC (Reagan, Balt/Wash)

Soon:

- Providence

- Seattle

A great list to be on indeed! Although, in fairness, some of these cities' service to the downtown is far more frequent than ours will be...

Ft. Lauderdale has a shuttle to the Tri Rail service that runs between Miami and West Palm Beach. Which in turn connects you to the Miami Metro System. I am not sure if there are shuttles from WPB or MIA to the Tri Rail service.

Ft. Lauderdale has a shuttle to the Tri Rail service that runs between Miami and West Palm Beach. Which in turn connects you to the Miami Metro System. I am not sure if there are shuttles from WPB or MIA to the Tri Rail service.

There is a bus shuttle that takes passengers from the last stop on Tri Rail to the Miami Airport. About a 5-10 minute ride.

Airport train station revived. News of the intermodal progress comes as sister airport and chief competitor Manchester-Boston Regional Airport has ramped up its transportation options. Last fall, that airport started a free shuttle service from several metropolitan Boston area.

• 1 month later...

Train station construction to begin

The new airport train station planned for Warwick is right on track, a top state official said yesterday at a mutual fund shareholders meeting in Providence.

A sky bridge that will connect the new train station, which is expected to be completed by 2010, bottom left, to the T.F. Green Airport terminal.1597621345_e1fa01f20f_o.jpg

• 2 months later...

Warwick Beacon: "$200M project means offices, hotel next to intermodal facility"

http://warwickonline.com/warwickonline/ind...1&Itemid=30

here are parts of 3 paragraphs from the article:

"A Warwick contractor best known for his sewer construction work has proposed a major development that would convert about a quarter-mile of Jefferson Boulevard into the site of a 320-room full-service hotel and four office buildings with more than 540,000 square feet of office and retail space.

D

YAY!!!!! I was afraid that the opportunity to turn this into an urban area was slipping away.

When/if these things come to pass, then the pressure will be on to replace the Leviton complex and the associated former mill housing. The only part of the Leviton property that I would save would be the original Elizabeth Mill. The rest is just ugly industrial sprawl.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the last paragraph of the article the best:

"Meanwhile, state authorities say the intermodal project is progressing. Pre-cast concrete contracts were awarded early this year and the $222.5 million project is slated for completion in late summer 2010. The state, however, is still without a contract with Amtrak that would allow MBTA to use its rails"

222.5 million dollars worth of precast and no trains for the train station.

• 1 month later...

Drove by the other day and nothing was going on there. It looks the same as it did last year. One large pile of rubble in the middle of the site. It was a Saturday but it looks like there is nothing happening. No signs, no pictures, no equipment, no progress two years post ground breaking ceremony.

The work is mostly being done in front of the airport right now. The construction trailer complex has been put in place on the east side of the tracks and they just finished knocking down a building on the southern tip of the project area (formerly part of the D'Ambra construction property). The garage & station are mostly per-cast, so that will be put together towards the end of the overall project.

I just flew out of Providence this weekend. My flight to Atlanta cost me $200 plus taxes. My shuttle van to Providence from Worcester cost me $140 plus tax. Make of that what you will, but if here was a time for a train, that time is now.

The work is mostly being done in front of the airport right now. The construction trailer complex has been put in place on the east side of the tracks and they just finished knocking down a building on the southern tip of the project area (formerly part of the D'Ambra construction property). The garage & station are mostly per-cast, so that will be put together towards the end of the overall project.

But not even a fence with a picture of what the final project will look like. There could be some foundation work going on. It has the same look as where the 110 was going to be built downtown. Like a cancelled project.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived