Woolworth condominium tower....

tombarnes

Im guessing that indentation will be on the other side of the building also. This project combined with the Audubon Building condos, The reopening of the Ritz Carlton and the Saenger Theatre, the biotechnology building, Krauss apartments, the texaco building condos and the new Charity Hospital complex will completely change that area. Also some buisness guy out of Texas bought the Orpheum Theatre. So Im sure it will reopen now. The previous owners didnt have flood insurance.

Man that is great. Just hearing about all of the projects for that area makes you smile. New towers, re-developed buildings, historical buildings and hotels re-opening, a new state of the art medical complex, theater's re-opening, and on and on. Even with all of the problems in New Orleans right now, this is why you hear so many people say it's an interesting time to be living in the city. :thumbsup:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans is definitely, still, a great place to live! I am amazed with all of the new developments in the city! The skyline in 10 years should be fantastic (not that it already isn't)!

Will all of the Texaco Building be converted into condos?? Considering the lighting of the building at night, it seems that the Texaco Building has a good % of occupancy...

Sorry, I forgot to state which Texaco Building. Im talking about the original Texaco building from the 1950s that is on the French Quarter side of Canal Street. It is actually almost to the Interstate. Yes, the more modern Texaco building is definitely doing well. In fact, Class A office space in downtown New Orleans is 91% occupied, which is extremely healthy. Although, for new office construction the price per square foot would have to increase a little bit. Either way, I'm sure the days of pure office building construction are over. Mixed-use is the most likely thing to be built and I dont mind this because it is active all day.

Cheers,

Derek

Sorry, I forgot to state which Texaco Building. Im talking about the original Texaco building from the 1950s that is on the French Quarter side of Canal Street. It is actually almost to the Interstate. Yes, the more modern Texaco building is definitely doing well. In fact, Class A office space in downtown New Orleans is 91% occupied, which is extremely healthy. Although, for new office construction the price per square foot would have to increase a little bit. Either way, I'm sure the days of pure office building construction are over. Mixed-use is the most likely thing to be built and I dont mind this because it is active all day.

I agree, I really like large scale mixed-use developments. And I think we can expect to see a large mixed-use tower planned for the CBD now much sooner than later, especially if tthe occupancy rate and price per square foot continue to increase. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if theres a website for Woolworth Tower?

I've been looking all over the internet, but as I now, I haven't found anything. It seems like almost every other major New Orleans high-rise project has as website up to this point.

I was using google earth the other day looking got another site for the tower and there is a parking lot right at the intersection of South Robertson street and canal. It just a couple blocks from the French Quarter and I think it would help fill in some of those empty spots in the city's skyline!

Archived