Jacksonville to get a major motorsports entertainment facility?

NoFxfan

Thought this was pretty interesting.....

http://www.firstcoastracing.com/about.html

"The facility will differentiate itself from similar entertainment venues in the region by catering to multiple interests in the motorsports area. It will support drag racing on a paved quarter-mile track, oval-track racing on a paved and banked half-mile track, and four mile flat road course, with proper pitting, paddock and track facilities accessible by all patrons of the complex. The design of the facility will permit simultaneous usage of all three tracks. There is no other facility with similar capabilities in the southeastern United States. Later phases will include rental garages for more affluent clients to store their sports cars at the track, and other such high-end amenities.

It will attract spectators from more than just the local Jacksonville area

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

Hmm.. I dunno how I feel about this. I dont think Jax as a whole would want to be associated with 'tracktor pulls'. I can deal with nascar or indy racing, but out side of that, most people look down at anyt other type of motor sport.

I dunno, Still will be cool to have another venue of entertainment...

Cheers Guys

Wow. I'm surprised at such a lofty idea considering the relative mediocrity of Jax Raceways. Granted it's probably not very popular because it's main feature is a 1/8th mile dragstrip instead of the standard 1/4 mile.

I probably wouldn't frequent it much myself, well perhaps their automotive driver training and personal track usage, but I know plenty that would and most are not of the stereotypical redneck variety either.

Indeed it does have dream written all over it but so were many aspects of Jax at one time.

• 3 weeks later...

In one of my many relentless quests for information, I found this website in a search engine, and thought I'd stop in and say hello. I'm Josh Hasty, and the CEO of First Coast Racing, LLC.

Yes, it's a real proposal, we're serious, and we intend to make it hapen. We're still in the first phase of the plan, but nothing happens overnight. Collectively, we've been working on this for close to 5 years, and as we began working through City Hall, decided to go public with our intentions.

We intend to develop a 1/2 mile oval track, a 1/4 mile drag strip, and a 4.1 mile 30 turn road course in Western Jacksonville, with the goal of racing by 2008.

We also intend to be population friendly, and city friendly in any and every way we can. With the increase in street racing, the decrease in venues, and the ever rising popularity of motorsports, we would like to not only bring this venue to the racers, but bring it to this city as well. For any motorsports enthusiasts out there, please, take a moment and visit our website and send us an e-mail.

We intend to develop a 1/2 mile oval track, a 1/4 mile drag strip, and a 4.1 mile 30 turn road course in Western Jacksonville, with the goal of racing by 2008.

OOH...I'm getting goose bumps at the prospect of having a decent road course closer than Roebling Road or (dated and worn as is it is) Moroso (1.6mi at Gainesville doesn't count).

In one of my many relentless quests for information, I found this website in a search engine, and thought I'd stop in and say hello. I'm Josh Hasty, and the CEO of First Coast Racing, LLC.

Yes, it's a real proposal, we're serious, and we intend to make it hapen. We're still in the first phase of the plan, but nothing happens overnight. Collectively, we've been working on this for close to 5 years, and as we began working through City Hall, decided to go public with our intentions.

We also intend to be population friendly, and city friendly in any and every way we can. With the increase in street racing, the decrease in venues, and the ever rising popularity of motorsports, we would like to not only bring this venue to the racers, but bring it to this city as well. For any motorsports enthusiasts out there, please, take a moment and visit our website and send us an e-mail.

Sounds great, Doc. But you didn't mention anything about tractor pulls. ;)

OOH...I'm getting goose bumps at the prospect of having a decent road course closer than Roebling Road or (dated and worn as is it is) Moroso (1.6mi at Gainesville doesn't count).

Hi, I'm one of Doc's co-conspirators in this racetrack project.

The response to this project has been tremendous. On a daily basis we get e-mails, forum posts, and phone calls of support from every nook and cranny of the racing world. It is a big project to tackle but we are doing our homework and making every effort to do things right the first time around, so it should be a major boon to the city and the region in general.

Your comment about Moroso makes it obvious you know the tracks in the region. :)

I'm curious, what do you drive?

(I love the houses in Springfield, by the way. I rented one for a few years back around 89... corner of 6th & Silver... a fantastic house...)

Hi, I'm one of Doc's co-conspirators in this racetrack project.

The response to this project has been tremendous. On a daily basis we get e-mails, forum posts, and phone calls of support from every nook and cranny of the racing world. It is a big project to tackle but we are doing our homework and making every effort to do things right the first time around, so it should be a major boon to the city and the region in general.

Your comment about Moroso makes it obvious you know the tracks in the region. :)

I'm curious, what do you drive?

(I love the houses in Springfield, by the way. I rented one for a few years back around 89... corner of 6th & Silver... a fantastic house...)

Go for it!

Archived