Another newbie's introduction post

Norm

As evidenced by my username, my actual name is ... Norm. Go figure, huh?

Anyway, I was born and raised in Dickson County, did my undergrad at Tennessee Tech, and just recently finished my Masters degree in City and Regional Planning at Clemson University, in South Carolina.

(Many of my fellow Vols fans will know Clemson from the 2003 Peach Bowl ;)

I'm currently a land use planner in Greenville, South Carolina but I am DYING to return home to the Middle Tennessee area as soon as possible.

That said, I'm so glad to have found this site. I look forward to lurking/posting with y'all and staying up-to-date on the developments in our beloved state.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the site Norm. Hope you get that opportunity to return home to Middle Tennessee sooner rather than later. Glad to have you on the site and looking forward to seeing you join in our discussions.

Dickson County seems to have alot going for it currently, is it, or that area of Middle Tennessee where you want to return or are you looking more at Nashville proper?

Welcome to the site Norm. Hope you get that opportunity to return home to Middle Tennessee sooner rather than later. Glad to have you on the site and looking forward to seeing you join in our discussions.

Dickson County seems to have alot going for it currently, is it, or that area of Middle Tennessee where you want to return or are you looking more at Nashville proper?

For a city planner, it seems that the most opportunities/most needs will be in Nashville. But when the time comes for me to move--in May of next year--I'll be looking for anything in the region west of Murfreesboro. If I had a preference, I would want to be involved in rural or regional planning, but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway, you mentioned Dickson County having a lot going for it ... I agree, the town has grown substantially in the past few years. A lot of commercial development has come in since I've been away. The county hasn't expanded as much as Rutherford or Williamson, but nevertheless, I think Dickson has definitely become a prominent part of the region.

Archived