Arkansas in Forbes Magazine

mcheiss

Looks like Arkansas will be getting some national and possibly world attention when Forbes releases their magazine on November 14th.

An 18 page ad mentioning Arkansas as a First-class place to do business. The advertising campaign is a partnership between the Governor's Office, the state departments of Economic Development and Parks and Tourism and a group of business advertisers that include such corporate heavyweights as Wal-Mart, Alltel, Tyson Foods, Entergy Arkansas, Dessault Falcon and Raytheon Aircraft Co.

The ad supplement, titled "Arkansas - Natural for Business and Pleasure," will run in the Forbes and Forbes Asia editions and is expected to reached 4.9 million business readers worldwide.

Companies the have ads in the pullout include Wal-Mart, Tyson, Dessault Falcon, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield, Arkansas Childrens Hospital, Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, and Little Rock National Airport.

This is truely an extreme plus for the entire state.

What kind of results do you guys think will result because of this ad?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Arkansas will be getting some national and possibly world attention when Forbes releases their magazine on November 14th.

An 18 page ad mentioning Arkansas as a First-class place to do business. The advertising campaign is a partnership between the Governor's Office, the state departments of Economic Development and Parks and Tourism and a group of business advertisers that include such corporate heavyweights as Wal-Mart, Alltel, Tyson Foods, Entergy Arkansas, Dessault Falcon and Raytheon Aircraft Co.

The ad supplement, titled "Arkansas - Natural for Business and Pleasure," will run in the Forbes and Forbes Asia editions and is expected to reached 4.9 million business readers worldwide.

Companies the have ads in the pullout include Wal-Mart, Tyson, Dessault Falcon, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield, Arkansas Childrens Hospital, Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, and Little Rock National Airport.

This is truely an extreme plus for the entire state.

What kind of results do you guys think will result because of this ad?

This sounds great, I'll certainly have to pick up an issue when it comes out. I'm not sure if it will have any immediate impact. But I do hope that something like this will help get rid of some of the neagtive stigma people outside the state have of us. I also found it interesting it will also be going into the Asian edition also, since we have been trying to lure a number of Asian and in particular Japanese companies to the state.

This sounds great, I'll certainly have to pick up an issue when it comes out. I'm not sure if it will have any immediate impact. But I do hope that something like this will help get rid of some of the neagtive stigma people outside the state have of us. I also found it interesting it will also be going into the Asian edition also, since we have been trying to lure a number of Asian and in particular Japanese companies to the state.

That could be real important.

Hopefully, we can attract some large manufacturing centers or a superproject for that matter.

That could be real important.

Hopefully, we can attract some large manufacturing centers or a superproject for that matter.

I'm not sure it will play a huge factor, but you never know. It certainly won't hurt, and maybe it will open some eyes to us.

Archived