Concord Mills

Temeteron

Ralph Lauren Outlet all the way! By the way what's with them putting in that new Circuit City? It's not even an outlet. :mellow: I do kind of like the Nascar Speedpark but I'm kind of geting tired of it. Every year the place evolves into more of "real" mall. I truly think they over developed that area with stores and all. There's some commercial space there that is not even being used.

My guess is the Circuit City at University Place will eventually close. That area is dying off fast and will look like N. Tryon in a few years.

You're probably right. The North Tryon and Univ City corridor is dying pretty fast. I think the shopping center where Circuit City lost a Kmart a few years ago too. The Target down there might close once a new SuperTarget is built nearby.

You are correct, there was a Kmart there that closed. The shopping center is only 11 years old so it is surprising to see it go so fast. Rhodes furniture near there is also going out of business.

It would be ironic if that Target closed because when it opened, it caused the one at Eastway & N. Tryon to close.

But that Target, I'm guessing whe are talking about the one on University Blvd? Is in a really good location and I don't see why it would close, even after they build the Super Target.....

Yeah actually you might be right. It just seems like all of the University City area is dying... like the shopping where the HT is and Media Play was... and Chancellor Park Commons. If anything, I can see Target moving closer to 485 or maybe to North Tryon

There are certainly parts of those shopping areas that are not doing very well, however that Target is always packed, both Home Depot and Lowes near there are always packed, and at some points during the day, there is nowhere to park at the Ghazi shopping center. I have lived in the University Area for 15 years, and have seen it change alot, but I have seen no signs recently that it is being abandoned for other areas (Concord Mills). That Media Play has been abandoned for years now, but the shopping center still manages to keep its head above water. In fact, most of the people I know who live in the University area try to avoid Concord Mills at all costs. With the light rail line eventually making it up to the campus , I think we'll see a lot of development towards making parts of the university area (especially right around the campus) very walkable and liveable.

Yeah I hope for Publix too but in reality I don't see it happening. Publix and Winn-Dixie have two different customer bases anyway, WD competed more with Food Lion, Publix would compete more with HT... Publix might work in some of the former WD locations though.

Back to Concord Mills, Jimmy Carter is signing a book there

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ent...ks/13062706.htm