Concord Mills

Temeteron

• 4 weeks later...

So, now with the announcement of H&M at Carolina Place, CharlotteRestaurantTraffic.com is reporting that they will open another location at Concord Mills. Kind of funny since I think we all were predicting that SouthPark and Northlake would be the two locations that they would choose!

To be honest, it looks like they are testing the waters with high traffic locations. CM is perfect for them, and while CP doesn't seem right, it's location to SC is ideal without paying huge rent. I don't think charlotte will end up with just 2 stores. I can see at least 3 here.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Damn, that article beat me to it.  I was at Concord Mills yesterday catching a movie when, to my surprise, there stood a Lucky Brand and a Buckle.  While it's no SouthPark, at least Concord Mills isn't regressing on its tenant list.

• 1 year later...

Didn't realize it, but Saks Off 5th has closed at Concord Mills. Apparently a new anchor is in store. Anyone have any clue as to what it might be? I actually really liked that store, but I guess having 2 locations in Charlotte was too much (Premium Outlets @ Steele Creek is the other one).

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article59737381.html

3 hours ago, ScottCLT said:

Didn't realize it, but Saks Off 5th has closed at Concord Mills. Apparently a new anchor is in store. Anyone have any clue as to what it might be? I actually really liked that store, but I guess having 2 locations in Charlotte was too much (Premium Outlets @ Steele Creek is the other one).

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article59737381.html

H&M and Michael Kohrs. No idea if I spelled that right and didn't care enough to look it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Major interior renovations of the mall will begin in about a month.  Based on the article, there sounds like there is going to be some road changes coming to the area too.

http://www.independenttribune.com/news/concord-mills-announces-major-renovations-to-the-mall/article_4149110e-fc45-11e5-99e3-e73830a9f840.html

Great news all around.

I didnt realize it had already been there for 17 years. It is for sure time for reno.....I consider Concord Mills a Hybrid Mall. It's not a NL or SP but it's certailnly not the traditional Concord Mills model either. I think the renovation will literally feel like Northlake and the current Concord Mills have had a baby. Im good with that.

• 7 months later...

Dropped by the mall last night for the first time in about six months to pick up an item from Best Buy.  HOLY MOLEY has this place been through a facelift!

First, about 50% of front of the mall is hidden by new restaurants in the middle of the parking lot.  Outback and Bonefish Grill are open and Chipotle is almost complete.

The interior of the mall is no longer cozy/country but instead has begun to be upfit with pretty decent quality tile with very modern decor and lighting.  It is, perhaps, a little too overdone where it looks like they tried to hard too make it appear as an upscale mall.  That said, it is still a work in progress, I'd say they are maybe about 10% complete with the interior.  I'm interested to see what they'll be doing with the exterior of the mall.  So far the exterior of the new H&M is basically the only difference I saw and it is just a carbon copy of the architecture of the H&M at Northlake.

• 2 months later...

Concord Mills is being Simonized as a friend told me. The new look is way over due and the shabby chic look before was a Mills Corp. standard but since Simon bought them out they are bringing the malls up to their standards. It is so much brighter inside now and the signage as they said is way better. The addition of 4 sit down restaurants is a much needed amenity. Before you had to drive to the edge of the property and even the new Outback (which is their new prototype if you have not seen the inside) and the others are just outside one of the entrances. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not in the mall but in the area. New Kohls anchored shopping center Christenbury Corners with Earth Fare, Bad Daddys Burger bar going up across Derita Rd from Academy Sports. I would think the University area store will close once this location opens.  Across the street on the other corner is a Lidl and QuikTrip going up. Then all 4 corners will be retail here. 

CAM07607.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not in the mall but in the area. New Kohls anchored shopping center Christenbury Corners with Earth Fare, Bad Daddys Burger bar going up across Derita Rd from Academy Sports. I would think the University area store will close once this location opens.  Across the street on the other corner is a Lidl and QuikTrip going up. Then all 4 corners will be retail here. 

CAM07607.jpg

Also, viva chicken is opening near there too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was in this mall the other day to check out the new seats at AMC. It appears as though the remodel is complete inside except for one oddity. They didn't change the area in front of the theater at all. There is a stark contrast line where it goes from SouthPark clean and new back to the old Concord Mills multicolor festive look. I kind of like it because it makes it seem like the theater is it's own entity and fits with the theater's motif, it just happens to be connected to the mall. But then I got to thinking. Is it? Does AMC own part of the mall corridor itself? Or is Simon putting off the remodel of that last segment of the mall until a later date?

On 4/13/2017 at 10:56 AM, AuLukey said:

I was in this mall the other day to check out the new seats at AMC. It appears as though the remodel is complete inside except for one oddity. They didn't change the area in front of the theater at all. There is a stark contrast line where it goes from SouthPark clean and new back to the old Concord Mills multicolor festive look. I kind of like it because it makes it seem like the theater is it's own entity and fits with the theater's motif, it just happens to be connected to the mall. But then I got to thinking. Is it? Does AMC own part of the mall corridor itself? Or is Simon putting off the remodel of that last segment of the mall until a later date?

If they're done with the remodel then I don't like it, the mall still feels dated and there are many stores that still have the 1990's multi-color fronts. I also don't much care for their continued use of carpet in come swaths of the mall, and I know of at least one bathroom down by Bass Pro that has not been remodeled in the slightest. If I had to give an educated guess I would say they are not done yet, or have given individual stores some liberties when it comes to remodeling their own storefronts, this goes for the theater as well. This would make sense considering there's one stretch between entrance 2 and 3 that looks to be entirely finished (H&M, Brooks Brothers, just past the Starbucks going to the food court) this area had some empty stores at the time of the remodel start so it would've made sense for the mall to go ahead and go all the way on it. The biggest sign that my theory is correct, however, is that bathroom I mentioned, there's no way that this restroom would not be re-imaged like the rest. Combined with the old hardwood floor sections still in place in areas, I think we'll see more work over the next few months, perhaps as stores leases expire or move out, Southpark has been doing this as well, moving stores around to remodel their old spaces and then move new tenants in. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...