Concord Mills

Temeteron

Chances are, if they are announcing the official opening for Feb 4th, there will be a 'soft' opening several days before, possibly this weekend or early this week.

Well they were pretty specific on the time, it says opening on the 4th @ 6pm. So maybe, but it seems a little pointless to have a soft opening in a mall. But I'll check it out later today, goin up there with some friends for a movie.

Does anyone ever approach cmills from the speedway. That weddington/gateway/bruton smith intersection is a nightmare. I literally made a uturn in front of toyota and went all the way around to morehead off of 29 to get back to my house which is off of Odell School rd. Traffic was backed up almost to Embassy Suites. I like went 5 miles out of my way to get home. Whoever designed that area is hopefully jobless, or at least back in school.

Does anyone ever approach cmills from the speedway. That weddington/gateway/bruton smith intersection is a nightmare. I literally made a uturn in front of toyota and went all the way around to morehead off of 29 to get back to my house which is off of Odell School rd. Traffic was backed up almost to Embassy Suites. I like went 5 miles out of my way to get home. Whoever designed that area is hopefully jobless, or at least back in school.

Yep, that stretch is very unpredictable. I also live in the area and almost always approach the mall from this side. My method for avoiding the backup is to take Pitts School Rd and take a left onto Weddington. If I absolutely must get somewhere around Concord Mills, I sometimes will continue on Pitts School, take Poplar Tent, and take a left on Derita to enter from the backside of the mall.

I really wish they would extend Weddington to Morehead to give a little relief for that bottleneck, though I really doubt it would help much. Morehead is also a two lane road and would have serious issues with much more traffic than it currently has.

I went to the Best Buy at CM today....it seems smaller than most of the others in CLT. I asked the associate how its doing and he told me its a lot busier than what the University store was although its much smaller. Also, I noticed that California Pizza Kitchen has closed. That place was always empty there. And another closing...A.C. Moore

Yep, that stretch is very unpredictable. I also live in the area and almost always approach the mall from this side. My method for avoiding the backup is to take Pitts School Rd and take a left onto Weddington. If I absolutely must get somewhere around Concord Mills, I sometimes will continue on Pitts School, take Poplar Tent, and take a left on Derita to enter from the backside of the mall.

I really wish they would extend Weddington to Morehead to give a little relief for that bottleneck, though I really doubt it would help much. Morehead is also a two lane road and would have serious issues with much more traffic than it currently has.

Same here...Family lives off Pitts School , so going home especially on fri,sat and suns I take pitts to poplar to derita and thn Carolina Lily to my place. Crazy to go that far out of the way. Is it me or does CM seem busier since the recession?... WOuld make sense as it is mostly discount..

Also, I noticed that California Pizza Kitchen has closed. That place was always empty there.

I was in the mall yesterday and noticed that they already have a new tenant sign up for this space. I can't recall though who it is. Is it just me though, or is CMills all of a sudden flooded with discount jewelers? I don't remember there being so many until my last visit.

I was in the mall yesterday and noticed that they already have a new tenant sign up for this space. I can't recall though who it is. Is it just me though, or is CMills all of a sudden flooded with discount jewelers? I don't remember there being so many until my last visit.

Jewelers are always easy tenants for malls to lure in. Not only that, but it's a way for them to fill in empty spots and to pay rent. CM is looking pretty good considering the economy I would say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Actually, this is a VF Outlet, which is an outlet store for Wrangler, Lee, Nautica, JanSport, and Vanity Fair lingerie. Not really excited about any of that...

http://www.vfoutlet.net/

Has anyone been to a VF Outlet before? VF also owns John Varvatos, The North Face, and 7 For All Mankind. Now that might make it worth visiting if they carry these brands...

It's never been an upscale mall, and the economy hasn't helped things. Concord Mills's niche is the exact middle of the middle-end. Kind of like a giant JCPenney with a food court.

I disagree, I see Concord Mills as more of an entertainment venue than a shopping meca. It was opened as an outlet mall, so I don't see it ever escape this niche, but whenever I go there, it's because I like the vibrancy over malls like Northlake or Southpark. I'm not quick to snub my nose at middle-end stuff though (not implying you were.)

I disagree, I see Concord Mills as more of an entertainment venue than a shopping meca. It was opened as an outlet mall, so I don't see it ever escape this niche, but whenever I go there, it's because I like the vibrancy over malls like Northlake or Southpark. I'm not quick to snub my nose at middle-end stuff though (not implying you were.)

It's a vibrant mall, but the entertainment options don't totally make up for the so-so dining and shopping.