Concord Mills

Temeteron

16 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

The only department store I know that doesn’t already have a presence in Charlotte is Bloomingdales. However I’d love to see them at SouthPark.

There’s no way Bloomingdales would open anywhere else in Charlotte other than SouthPark.  There’s only one in Atlanta and its Lenox Square.  I can see the smaller stores start popping up around southend/uptown but it’ll be a while before upscale department stores decide that other areas besides SouthPark is home

• Like 1

I don’t see a Bloomingdale’s coming before a Saks, although there was a rumor Bloomingdale’s was replacing Macy’s at SouthPark a few years ago. SouthPark needs an expansion, though. It hasn’t attracted a higher end store in several years. 

Edited by TheOneRJ

20 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

I don’t see a Bloomingdale’s coming before a Saks, although there was a rumor Bloomingdale’s was replacing Macy’s at SouthPark a few years ago. SouthPark needs an expansion, though. It hasn’t attracted a higher end store in several years. 

It would make sense as Charlotte already has an Off 5th SAKS at the Charlotte premium outlets; however,  I feel that Bloomingdales being under the Macy’s umbrella would be an easier introduction to the market.  Also, I believe they are doing better as a company than saks  

Edited by Temeteron

Here is my guess for the vacated TJ Maxx spot:    Duluth Trading Company which has now 2 stores in NC in Cary and Greensboro but none in this market.  Also this space might be broke up into smaller retailers as well or someone wanted visibility from the outside.  

Off Saks was at the mall closed doubt they would come back.    Another guess would be a Nordstrom Rack which would kill it there at the mall.  

Looking forward to the larger TJ Maxx and side by side Homegoods behind the new Krispy Kreme.  They are destination stores and that big box center is doing great. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Apparently the traffic around Concord Mills came to a stand-still this weekend because of Black Friday. I honestly don’t know if the new flyover they’re building is going to do any real good, especially since most people were stuck trying to leave the mall, versus entering. I can definitely see strong public support for extending the Blue Line here, especially if it means bypassing all vehicular traffic.   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

Apparently the traffic around Concord Mills came to a stand-still this weekend because of Black Friday. I honestly don’t know if the new flyover they’re building is going to do any real good, especially since most people were stuck trying to leave the mall, versus entering. I can definitely see strong public support for extending the Blue Line here, especially if it means bypassing all vehicular traffic.   

It took hours to clear it but there was an accident on 85 south in the early evening and traffic leaving the mall got back up on Concord Mills Blvd which backed into the mall as the mall's parking lot was completely filled.  Traffic is very heavy around the mall on weekends but this had multiple failures.  Traffic trying to get into the mall from 85 turning left on Concord Mills got back up as no one was leaving the mall or it was in a standstill. Just a big cluster but this was extraordinary.  

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Food court with limited seating but it is open.  Overall 2/3 of the stores are open but it surely looks like Burlington is closing for good despite what an employee told me.  Lines at Bath and Bodyworks store 10-15 people deep.  

concordmillsfoodcourt.jpg

Burlington Coat Factory will be a big void to fill but in my opinion they have been on steady decline for many years now.  Sloppy stores, merchandise selection not as varied and crappy brands!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

KJH, where exactly is this bridge going into? Is it going into the Concord Mills Mall parking lot?

Yes into the parking lot ring road to eliminate so many left turns at that the first entrance to the mall from the interstate.   This should have all been done when constructed as it was done with the Triangle Town Center Mall in Raleigh.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Family of teen killed in 2019 shooting at Concord Mills files lawsuit against mall

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/family-teen-killed-2019-shooting-concord-mills-files-lawsuit-against-mall/FVVAFEMSHFDBTG4QNHHFAKX57Y/

Sad situation. I hope the victim's family is able to get the closure and peace they deserve. If they are successful in their suit, this could open the floodgates for other litigation against the mall owner. With police budgets being cut and malls facing litigation, I can't see malls lasting for much longer. 

• Sad 2

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, rancenc said:

I wonder if this means the University one is moving 

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

I wonder if this means the University one is moving 

That might be the case...that entire complex of University Place is going to be made over.  A lot of retailers have already closed on the west side of the lake that make room for the redevelopment coming.

• Like 1