Concord Mills

Temeteron

58 minutes ago, rancenc said:

That might be the case...that entire complex of University Place is going to be made over.  A lot of retailers have already closed on the west side of the lake that make room for the redevelopment coming.

I noticed that also.  Most of them moved across the street and have filled up the shopping center on that side.  The lake side will have a Novel University Place apparently. Does anyone know if there will be retail there also?

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

this is good for the mall and mall area.  Mac's Speedshop is opening up in the old Sticky Fingers building in front of the mall.

""Mac’s Speed Shop has snapped up a prime space in Concord.  The popular barbecue joint has signed a lease for a roughly 7,000-square-foot building — formerly home to Sticky Fingers. It is at 8021 Concord Mills Blvd., just off the Interstate 85 Speedway Boulevard exit. That makes the restaurant neighbors with Concord Mills mall and Charlotte Motor Speedway.  The location should open by early summer.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/12/20/mac-s-speed-shop-snags-prime-concord-mills-spot.html

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

I think of Primark as an Irish H & M.  I used to shop them in Boston and Connecticut.  OK quality, but fun. 

I’ve been to the Chicago location.  I’m not really a fan.  Everything seemed very cheaply made.  I’m sure it’ll be popular but not as nice as H&M IMO

Edited by Temeteron
  • Like 1

I wonder how long it will take for Primark to open. A Primark in Crossgates Mall in Albany has been under construction since 2021. 

Primark is more or less the Irish Forever 21...cheap prices, but poorly made clothes that don't last long...basically the "buy once, wear once" model.

I've been to Cotton:On a couple of times when I lived in Hong Kong...they seemed to be in every major mall there. Very similar to Primark or the type of clothes you would find on Asos.com. A lot of my local friends swore by Cotton:On's kids collection. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hollister Co. and their sister brand Gilly Hicks are coming to Concord Mills. I know that this has been in the works for sometime so it’s exciting to see it come to life. 

Northlake Hollister will probably shutter not too long after this store front opens. I can’t justify that Abercrombie would keep both stores open, simply due to the fate of Northlake as a mall slowly deteriorating.

IMG_0380.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 7:50 AM, rancenc said:

Two new stores are coming to Concord Mills.  Irish based retailer, Primark and Australian retailer, Cotton On.

https://www.primark.com/en-us/aboutus

https://cottonongroup.com.au/our-brands/cotton-on/

Axios has caught up about new stores in Concord  Mills  first reported here 

https://charlotte.axios.com/328611/budget-friendly-european-retailer-primark-to-open-in-concord-mills/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

was in the area for lunch walked the monster loop around the mall.  Primark signage up outside but store not opened yet.   New entrance monuments on the outside.  New Chinese based retailer MiniSo that the closest location is in south Florida or the DC area.   (and the only fake nail vending machine I have ever seen though I have not really been looking for one) 

https://www.miniso.com/EN/Home

20230906_103958.jpg

20230906_104322.jpg

20230906_104417.jpg

20230906_105312.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Across from Concord Mills is in the big box shopping center with TJ Maxx, Ross, etc Barnes and Noble bookstore is opening its first location in Cabarrus County.  (Behind the Krispy Kreme and Chick-fil-A)  Think this was the site of the now defunct Buy Buy Baby store owned by Bed Bath and Beyond.   This is the 5th B&N location in the metro area.  

20231221_104707.jpg

Interesting! I actually thought Barnes and Nobles was somewhat in the descent due to online competition.  I know this type of retailing was the first victim of the online shopping onslaught from the early part of the century.  Glad to hear of this opening though!

• Like 1

B & N has a new CEO from the English book seller Waterstones. His plan is to put books front and center. B & N and other survivor stores have tried to do music, coffee, magazines, gifts, paper goods etc., and his focus is books. "We are a bookstore" he says. I was in the upper Broadway store in Manhattan last month, one of the first stores with the new format. The cafe was moved to an upper floor corner, and magazines were reduced and in a nearby space. These areas are out of view when one walks in the store which is different than before. I am sure there are other changes but those I could easily see.

Edited by videtur quam contuor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Concord Mill's new anchor tenant Primark from the Ireland  seems to be doing very well and is a great fit for the mall.  Simon is introducting another new to market  retailer to the Carolinas is Miniso which is upfitting their space near the aquarium now.

Check out that Lego city at the Lego store at the mall.  

20231226_095410.jpg

20231226_095535.jpg

20231226_095716.jpg

20231226_095726.jpg

20231226_114829.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Briefly walked the monster mile loop at Concord Mills noticed these 3 new stores and 100% occupancy other than these three new stores.  Lots of people there and this along with SouthPark  are the 2 best performing malls in the region.  Both of course owned by Simon. 

For everyone to think malls are dead not so at least with the best operators and best run malls.  

20240127_124532 (1).jpg

20240127_124939.jpg

20240127_125623.jpg

• Like 4