Concord Mills

Temeteron

Well, Carolina Mall in Concord was there first (before Carolina Place).. so if anyone should change the name, it's the one in Pineville.

It's off Exit 58. The mall's been remodeled some in the past few years, but I love the look of the exterior of their Belk and JC Penney stores at the mall

http://www.carolinamall.com/

carolina_aerial2.jpg

Edited by cantnot

Univ City may not be dying, but it's not thriving either. Seems like the momentum is swinging away, towards the Northlake area.

FWIW, I thought Concord Mills was a fairly good mall when I lived in the area. Mainly visited it for the food court, though.

I think with the growing population growing in both Cabarrus and NE Mecklenburg that all areas including UC can maintain themselves. I dont see UC dying , if anything the area will have to reinvent itself. This will be a good thing considering its an automobile nightmare. I was talking to someone visiting Charlotte from Milan yesterday. She commented on the lack of Public Transportation in Charlotte. She did say it was a nice city though.

Hopefully UC can successfully develop a more urban atmosphere. Can you imagine the blight of N.Tryon stretching from uptown all the way to Cabarrus County. Thats a scary thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Concord is a premiere community...
What?

He compares its growth potential to Whitehall, a development hot spot near I-485 southwest of Charlotte. "It's perceived not only as a residential and retail corridor, but as a business location as well," Warren says.

Ugh. Whitehall should be their model of what not to do when planning his project.

Like duh you guys! lol..........OMG Concord Mills is finally up on the top topics with the rest of the malls YAY :D

This thread wasn't ever really necessary though. The other threads that are in the top of the page were a bunch of topics which eventually merged, and formed due to something going on such as expansion, redevelopment, restructuring etc.