Concord Mills

Temeteron

Sports Authority has been given approval by the Cabarrus County permitting office to build a 42k sq. ft. store across the road from the mall: http://www.google.com/maps?q=8094+Concord+...016823&om=1

Seems to be placed right in front of the new convention center and Embassy Suites hotel.

Drove to the Mills this morning and I saw a big "Now Open" sign in front of Sticky Fingers. Can't wait to eat up there now

My wife and I ate there Sunday evening and it was absolutely packed, even though it was pouring down rain. I had no idea it would be so busy on such a nasty Sunday evening but I will say it was worth the wait. We ended up both getting BBQ but next time I'll go a little hungrier and order some ribs. :tough:

Not critiquing you, but I'm confused. How is it across from the mall if it is in front of the convention center and hotel? They are about half a mile apart. I figured Sports Authority would go in where ToysRUs, PetCo, etc are when you said across the street. Will SA be stand alone or is this going to be another strip mall?

Not critiquing you, but I'm confused. How is it across from the mall if it is in front of the convention center and hotel? They are about half a mile apart. I figured Sports Authority would go in where ToysRUs, PetCo, etc are when you said across the street. Will SA be stand alone or is this going to be another strip mall?

Ah, sorry about that. My mind got confused with what I was typing apparently. I had in my mind that it would go in the strip mall where PetCo and Toys-R-Us is but in looking at the address on Google it put it around the new convention center. So no, I doubt it is going across from the mall although that is what I typed. :P

I will note that the Super Wal-Mart planned at the corner of Concord Mills Blvd/Derita has yet to be approved, though the city completed the review of the site plan in late March.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this has been discussed way back in the thread...

Does anyone know the deal on the space just inside entry 1 (across from Sun & Ski) that has been empty ever since the mall was built? I know originally it was supposed to be something, because I remember the signs (something to do with Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde). When that seemingly fell through, nothing ever took it's place. I wonder why that dead space has always been allowed to sit fallow? Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been discussed way back in the thread...

Does anyone know the deal on the space just inside entry 1 (across from Sun & Ski) that has been empty ever since the mall was built? I know originally it was supposed to be something, because I remember the signs (something to do with Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde). When that seemingly fell through, nothing ever took it's place. I wonder why that dead space has always been allowed to sit fallow? Anyone know?

I think it was going to be a Jekyll and Hyde Club like the one in NYC (themed restaurant). I don't know what happened but it never opened like you said. Would of been interesting.

That has really stumped me over the last few years. It is probably the busiest entrance in the mall prime for restaurants as AMC brings people in all day long. Macado's has been in the opposite spot since the mall opened and seems to almost always be busy for dinner and on weekends.

Also, I wonder what, if anything, will be taking over the Jeepers spot.

Edited by aussie luke

That has really stumped me over the last few years. It is probably the busiest entrance in the mall prime for restaurants as AMC brings people in all day long. Macado's has been in the opposite spot since the mall opened and seems to almost always be busy for dinner and on weekends.

Also, I wonder what, if anything, will be taking over the Jeepers spot.

Isn't that Disney outlet store going in there or something like that.

On a side note, does anybody know what is going up next to Ryan's(formerly Fire Mountain)??

Isn't that Disney outlet store going in there or something like that.

I know that a Disney Store just got approval to upfit so I assume this is where it will go.

On a side note, does anybody know what is going up next to Ryan's(formerly Fire Mountain)??

More suburban sprawl...33 parking spaces and a Verizon Wireless store.

More suburban sprawl...33 parking spaces and a Verizon Wireless store.

Verizon? Isn't that overkill? They already have two stores in the mall (the one near the food court and the other in Circuit City, not to mention another two in University City (UPlace and CCity.)

Verizon? Isn't that overkill? They already have two stores in the mall (the one near the food court and the other in Circuit City, not to mention another two in University City (UPlace and CCity.)

There is also a Verizon Wireless kiosk inside of BJ's that doesn't require a BJ's membership to use. This of course will be a real store however, like the one at the lake at University.

• 3 weeks later...

I will note that the Super Wal-Mart planned at the corner of Concord Mills Blvd/Derita has yet to be approved, though the city completed the review of the site plan in late March.

I just saw a permit for grading for this plot come through. I assume that the city has approved the Wal-Mart. A sad day for this area.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...