Transit Center to be Constructed

rbdetsport

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's so wrong about them? I can understand what Trap said about them clashing with everything around them, but the design isn't horrible. I'm just wondering why your so oppossed to the design? Would you have rather it have been a brick structures? Glass and steel? I don't get it, what would have been better?

What's so wrong about them? I can understand what Trap said about them clashing with everything around them, but the design isn't horrible. I'm just wondering why your so oppossed to the design? Would you have rather it have been a brick structures? Glass and steel? I don't get it, what would have been better?

LM, do you have a shot of the downtown CATA CTC? (i'd like to compare)

Don't get me wrong. I like the building portion. But the tents are ugly. They seem kind of pointless, regardless of how pointy they are! ;) It's just a little too "loud" in my opinion. But like I said, I'm willing to see what it will look like when built.

Detroit needs more "loud" architecture. And im looking forward to seeing this completed. Pontiac's Phoenix Center has a tent like structure in Pontiacs downtown and it fits in well with its urban surroundings. I personally think the west side of downtown needs structures like this to brighten it up and make it more appealing. Although there is some great architecture west of woodward most of it is masonry and grey. With the lack of trees it can be depressing. Throwing in a building like this makes this area more appealing to developers and the people that work and live there.

the funny thing about the CATA Tansportation Center (CTC) is that when busses run out of there every 30 minutes, it's busy and bustling, but nobody ever walks to or from the place...you bus in and bus out. It seems totally different than what you see in other cities.

• 1 month later...

I was just reading the .pdf from ddot regarding the new transportation center and ran across a stratling fact. It says there will only be 7 bus bays. That seems extremely undersized to me. The lansing station has 13 full service bays that tend to run very busy, for a small bus system. I'm not sure I have a question here, but I was kinda taken a back by this. Anyone want to elighten me on how/why 7 bays is going to work out?

Archived