Favorite Dive Bars

craig

Hi all. I have never posted on this board but have been reading the discussions for some time now. Enjoyable and thoughtful all around. I occupy and manage a 3-family in Pawtucket (Woodlawn) and am dipping my toes into the pool this evening. I trust this first post of mine will reflect the sincere and deadly intellectual nature of my future involvement on this site. :whistling:

I'm looking for people's recommendations on decent dive bars in the area - places that are small, cheap and quiet places to drink. I used to go to the Old Timers tap when I did postgrad at RIC and now sometimes have a cocktail at the East Avenue Cafe (because I can walk there from my house). :thumbsup:

Idears?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking for people's recommendations on decent dive bars in the area - places that are small, cheap and quiet places to drink. I used to go to the Old Timers tap when I did postgrad at RIC and now sometimes have a cocktail at the East Avenue Cafe (because I can walk there from my house). :thumbsup:

Idears?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Well since your in Pawtucket may I suggest the Hunt St VFW post in Central Falls which is very cheap. I also like Tommy's on India St in Pawtucket near McCoy Stadium at Industrial HGWY. How is Fred's Place at East Ave & Division St? Never been there. The Penalty Box at 1119 N. Main St Providence is ok to.

Thanks for the welcome, Cotuit and thanks for the advice, Burg. Re:Freds - if we're thinking of the same place, it's now bright green and called the E&A Bar (right by the highway, no?). I was there a few years ago before it changed hands. You didn't miss anything.

Archived