Columbiana Centre

Temeteron

Thought I needed to add this topic on here.........Isn't it about time we see Columbiana get expanded? After all, it is 95% full..........We definately need Guess? Aeropostale, Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Brookstone, Bebe, Borders Books, and for restaurants, Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Chang's, and/or T.G.I.Friday's.....

Edited by Temeteron

sure why not?? *OR* why don't they just tear down Parisian since it doesn't really seem to be doing that well....and add a new wing? Either that or they can build a new wing right there where the new express is....too bad its new and that most likely wont happen......But the parisian side seems to have the most parking lot that people don't really use, except for xmas.....but if it were to be expanded regardless of adding another hallway, or adding another level, they would have to build a parking garage, but General Growth malls dont usually have parking garages.....hmm...... :wacko:

The Borders you went to in WV was probably limited because of the fact that it was in WV, try going to a Borders in Charlotte or the one at Atrium Mall in Boston.....it is nothing like Barnes & Nobles, their music selection is tremendous....and so is everything else.....I dont like Books a million too much it feels like they havent remodeled in like 20 years!

Edited by Temeteron

sure why not?? *OR* why don't they just tear down Parisian since it doesn't really seem to be doing that well....and add a new wing? Either that or they can build a new wing right there where the new express is....too bad its new and that most likely wont happen......But the parisian side seems to have the most parking lot that people don't really use, except for xmas.....but if it were to be expanded regardless of adding another hallway, or adding another level, they would have to build a parking garage, but General Growth malls dont usually have parking garages.....hmm...... :wacko:

Garages seem to be the natural evolution for successful malls that want to expand. Think Lenox Square as an example for that. It used to be a one anchor mall, with a small strip of shops at one end.... and now.... well, if you've been there, you get the idea ;)

If you notice, Charlotte's biggest and/or most popular mall (SouthPark) has a parking garage, Atlanta's most popular (Lenox) also has one.......I think it's about time Columbiana gets one too now that we brought it up.....Richland Mall has one and they don't even use nothin but the first and second floors.....Christmas season is a different story though.......but honestly Columbiana gets really bad during Xmas.....takes an hour just to find a spot, especially on the food court side....

Unfortunately, Columbia isn't as urbanized as other areas across the country, so our hot spot is Harbison, and usually that's where we get a new store when it first enters the Columbia market......but I can see a Banana Republic, Williams-Sonoma, or Urban Outfitters opening in 5 points.....those stores would fit in to that area.....even though i know some of you dont like chains.....

Garages seem to be the natural evolution for successful malls that want to expand. Think Lenox Square as an example for that. It used to be a one anchor mall, with a small strip of shops at one end.... and now.... well, if you've been there, you get the idea ;)

One that caught my eye is Pentagon City in Arlington,Va. I think the garage ideal might be getting at something. But the way Columbiana Mall is setup, it would be hard to construct something of that nature.Probally a mall in the future could use something like this. The only bad thing is you had to pay to park, and the fee goes up every hr.But not that much! The money could provide assistance for future developments for the mall or the area.

• 2 weeks later...

That Broad River @ I-20 is the reason the traffic is so bad on Broad River Rd. I hate that light...Once you get past it, everything is smooth

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I live on Broad River and traffic is terrible from where Broad River intersects with Bush River until where it intersects at St. Andrews.