Columbiana Centre

Temeteron

Columbiana really needs to get expanded.......look at the comparison of stores that Charlotte's most popular mall SouthPark has gotten in the past couple of years, and then look at the new stores Columbia's most popular mall Columbiana Centre has gotten............

SouthPark's new store additions in the past couple of years(since 2003):

Cheesecake Factory

Maggiano's

Aldo Shoes/Accessories

Nordstrom

Kenneth Cole

Bob Ellis

Bare Escentuals

Anthropologie

Steve Madden Shoes

Kate Spade

Burberry

Louis Vuitton

The Walking Company

L'Occitane en Provence

Urban Outfitters

Origins

PacSun

Hollister

American Eagle

Lids

Kay Jewelers

Delia*s

Nestle tollhouse

Teavana

Club Libby Lu

Puma

Lacoste

Cole Haan

Apple

Lucky Brand Jeans

Swarovski

Sur La Table

Tommy Bahama

Pottery Barn Kids

Lindt Chocolate

Dick's Sporting Goods

Joseph Beth

McCormick & Schmicks

Morton's Steakhouse

California Pizza Kitchen

Torrid

Helzberg Diamonds

Brighton Collectibles

Janie & Jack

Sigrid Olsen

Frontgate

Fila (coming soon)

Neiman Marcus(coming soon)

Tumi luggage

The only Leonardo Boutique in the USA

Expanded Express

Expanded Victoria's Secret

Expanded Coach

Expanded St. John

Expanded Tiffany & Co.

Expanded Bath & Body Works

Expanded Lenscrafters

Expanded Foot Locker

Expanded Guess

Columbiana Centre additions in the past couple of years(since 2003):

Torrid

J. Jill

Starbucks

PacSun

Williams-Sonoma

Coldwater Creek

Build-A-Bear Workshop

Expanded Finish Line

Expanded SC Place store

Expanded Cache

Expanded Kirkland's

Expanded Express

Columbiana let's keep up with the population at least......thats a shame right there

Edited by Temeteron

Columbiana doesn't cater to the same demographic as SouthPark. I'd say that Columbiana and Carolina Place (or Northlake) are more similar than Columbiana and SouthPark.

And as far as population goes, compare Columbiana with a mall in a primary city of a metropolitan area of around 700,000 and let's see what you come up with. Of course you're going to have more (upscale) selections in a metro area that's at least twice as large and growing more.

i still think columbiana can expand regardless, even when comparing Columbiana to Charlotte's secondary malls that are more similar to Columbiana's demographics such as Northlake and Carolina Place(which ive been to several times) its still not as big as those two...... Columbiana is like 99% full....where does it go from there?

Edited by Temeteron

i still think columbiana can expand regardless, even when comparing Columbiana to Charlotte's secondary malls that are more similar to Columbiana's demographics such as Northlake and Carolina Place(which ive been to several times) its still not as big as those two...... Columbiana is like 99% full....where does it go from there?

Well I haven't been to Northlake yet and probably won't until next year some time, but what helps Carolina Place is the fact that it has two levels. I'm not sure how that could be pulled off at Columbiana.

Well I haven't been to Northlake yet and probably won't until next year some time, but what helps Carolina Place is the fact that it has two levels. I'm not sure how that could be pulled off at Columbiana.

Malls similar to Columbiana have aded second shopping levels. It's a messy job, but if the property's performance could be enhanced by vertical expansion, it might be worth the effort.

One thing that would help in that scenario is that Columbiana's department stores are two-level stores, at least I think they are. I've never been there personally.

Malls similar to Columbiana have aded second shopping levels. It's a messy job, but if the property's performance could be enhanced by vertical expansion, it might be worth the effort.

One thing that would help in that scenario is that Columbiana's department stores are two-level stores, at least I think they are. I've never been there personally.

Indeed. There is a little mall down in Altanta called 'Lenox Square' that has pulled this off with relative success.

When speaking of vertical expansion, does the foundation require additional strength to support additional levels?

Personally, I would like to see it happen. Multi-level mallsseem cooler.

Someone should take a pic of traffic backed from 26 to Harbison Blvd.

I wish they would make the #103 exit bigger to ease traffic.....something similar to what theyre doing with the Broad River Rd. Exit on I-20....Cant wait till that is done with

Is anyone thinking SPUI? This would really help traffic flow moving onto Harbison.

When speaking of vertical expansion, does the foundation require additional strength to support additional levels?

Personally, I would like to see it happen. Multi-level malls seem cooler.

I don't know any architectural specifics on Columbiana Centre, but I think they could pull it off with minimal foundation reinforcement.

And, yes, I think multi-level malls seem cooler too. My favorite mall growing up, Four Seasons Town Centre in Greensboro, N.C. , expanded to three levels when I was 12 and I'm still impressed by its interior desnsity and urbanity. Same thing with Belk SouthPark in Charlotte. The fact that it's a four-level store connected to under-mall parking is unique and gives me pause.

Back to topic, I like the Spanish Colonail motif that Columbiana has. That could be really cool on a bigger/taller building.

I don't know any architectural specifics on Columbiana Centre, but I think they could pull it off with minimal foundation reinforcement.

And, yes, I think multi-level malls seem cooler too. My favorite mall growing up, Four Seasons Town Centre in Greensboro, N.C. , expanded to three levels when I was 12 and I'm still impressed by its interior desnsity and urbanity. Same thing with Belk SouthPark in Charlotte. The fact that it's a four-level store connected to under-mall parking is unique and gives me pause.

Back to topic, I like the Spanish Colonail motif that Columbiana has. That could be really cool on a bigger/taller building.

I went to Four Seasons once back in May to dine at Ruby Tuesday. I did not know it was a three-level complex until afterwards. It is a nice facility.

Up in Greenville, Haymood Mall is a two level complex. Belk, JCPenney, Macy's and Sears are two levels. Dillard's is three levels with connections to the first, second, and fourth levels of the parking deck. I wonder what it would look like with a third level.

White Plains, NY has two malls that are four to five levels high.

Personally, I would like to see it happen. Multi-level mallsseem cooler.

Is anyone thinking SPUI? This would really help traffic flow moving onto Harbison.

It probably doesn't. The bulk of the weight would sit on the support structure, which would go directly into the ground, and not the rest of the building.

From what I am told there is a SPUI planned for the Harbison exit. Not sure when that will happen though.

Why cant we get something new? I dont understand it, why on earth would you want to have 4 Belks and 2 JCPenney's and a zillion dillard's in columbia? Come on bring something new please....for a minute i thought the village was going to bring something different but now its disspointing to see that all it is a replica of the NW side of town(Harbison) except that its outdoor lifestyle center......why must we need 3 banks right next to each other on the outparcels? and where are the sit down restaurants...did kahn not want that on the outparcels? i was hoping he bring Tony Roma's, TGIFridays, perhaps Bennigan's, Uno chicago bar & Grill, or ON the Border......all the village has did to us northeast residents is saved us gas from going to Harbison.....no variety whatsoever.....especially not for men

Temeteron I actually agree with you here. While I have nothing against JCPenney's, Belk, and Dillard's, Columbia is large enough to support a variety of department stores and restaurants. If you're trying to become a big(ger) city, you've got to think like one.

Edited by krazeeboi

Look at cities that are close to our size or about the same size......Birmingham has a Saks, yes it is based there...but go to the Riverchase Galleria website, and you will see a difference in their lineup of stores than columbiana's........Look at Raleigh, and Durham, Myrlte Beach & Charleston.....way more variety.....and dont forget Hanes mall in Winston-Salem....huge lineup of tenants...this lagging behind on retail that columbia has will just never make sense to me