Columbiana Centre

Temeteron

Personally i dont udnerstand why they are still using layway??? Isnt that a thing of the 90's??? Thats what credit cards are for!

Layaway is actually more like the 60's and 70's; working in the banking industry, however, I can tell you that a significant number of people are unable to qualify for credit cards.

Layaway is actually more like the 60's and 70's; working in the banking industry, however, I can tell you that a significant number of people are unable to qualify for credit cards.

True. And don't forget the numerous people who get cash under the table and prefer to pay everything with cash, rather than have traceable accounts. I'm amazed at how may people there are out there living this way.

Layaway is still a good idea. It's not as popular as it used to be, but the stores where it's still offered make a lot of money off of it.

It's not always at the downscale stores either. I placed the last watch I bought at Fink's Jewelers on layaway, primarily because I didn't want to pay interest and didn't need it immediately.

Layaway is still a good idea. It's not as popular as it used to be, but the stores where it's still offered make a lot of money off of it.

It's not always at the downscale stores either. I placed the last watch I bought at Fink's Jewelers on layaway, primarily because I didn't want to pay interest and didn't need it immediately.

No interest is why layways are always a better choice. However, we should stay on topic. Hopefully someone will answer the question that I posted on yesterday.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that shows a change in the market they are catering toward, not that Chicos was any less. :P Just the addition of a chain such as White House Black market seems to show the level of retail in the Centre moving upward. But...as before I'm still waiting on my Aldo! :wub:

I think Columbiana will get a Nine West before it gets an Aldo....

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I think that Belk should close the Dutch Square store. The Columbiana store is just like 5 miles or less from it and I am sure it is more successful. Belk should open a 3rd story at the mall. Did anyone know that Belk has 3 levels? It actually does. They use it for Office Space. Same for Richland. I do not want them to add a second level at Columbiana unless it makes the mall less than 1,260,000 square feet. (I am very biased towards Haywood). I want Haywood to be the largest mall in SC.

The Belk's at Dutch Square does good business; there is no reason for it to close.

Really? I have never been to the Belk at Dutch Square, but I thought it would not do well considering the mall it is in and how close it is to the Columbiana location. I have not been to any Columbia Malls (except I drove around Columbiana once) so I thought It would do bad.

I think that Columbia has way too many Belk stores. They have the three leveled Dutch Square, Columbiana & Richland (well C&R are actually only two levels of open space (3rd level is offices and storage). And there is also the 1? leveled Sandhill store. Charlotte is much bigger and has only 3 Belk stores. SouthPark (4 levels, flagship) and the 2 leveled Carolina Place & Northlake. Well, that is probably because SouthPark is so big (Almost twice the size of the Columbiana store). With the VAS not to far away from Richland, maybe they should just close the MT @ FA (Richland) store.

Edited by ct36

Really? I have never been to the Belk at Dutch Square, but I thought it would not do well considering the mall it is in and how close it is to the Columbiana location. I have not been to any Columbia Malls (except I drove around Columbiana once) so I thought It would do bad.

I think that Columbia has way too many Belk stores. They have the three leveled Dutch Square, Columbiana & Richland (well C&R are actually only two levels of open space (3rd level is offices and storage). And there is also the 1? leveled Sandhill store. Charlotte is much bigger and has only 3 Belk stores. SouthPark (4 levels, flagship) and the 2 leveled Carolina Place & Northlake. Well, that is probably because SouthPark is so big (Almost twice the size of the Columbiana store). With the VAS so close to Richland, maybe they should just close the MT @ FA (Richland) store.

Actually if you include the belk in eastridge mall in Gastonia, the rock hill galleria store, the Carolina mall in concord, and the belk in mooresville there are 7 altogether in the charlotte area.... But you're right per capita I agree Columbia has too many belks..... By the way , I have a friend that works at the Richland( midtown at FA) location and she tells me that that location does well.... The Sandhills isn't doing as well....

I think that Columbia has way too many Belk stores. They have the three leveled Dutch Square, Columbiana & Richland (well C&R are actually only two levels of open space (3rd level is offices and storage). And there is also the 1? leveled Sandhill store. Charlotte is much bigger and has only 3 Belk stores. SouthPark (4 levels, flagship) and the 2 leveled Carolina Place & Northlake. Well, that is probably because SouthPark is so big (Almost twice the size of the Columbiana store). With the VAS so close to Richland, maybe they should just close the MT @ FA (Richland) store.

Village at Sandhill "so close" to Richland? Have you ever been to Columbia?

Village at Sandhill "so close" to Richland? Have you ever been to Columbia?

Yes, I have been to Columbia. Wow, I realized that they arent so close. I thought that because I knew where VAS is, but I did not know where Richland was. I thought they were close because I saw an exit for Forest Acres off of I-20 pretty close to Village at Sandhill, but I guess you have to go a while before you get to Midtown at Forest Acres.

I dont think its too redundant. There really arent any serious shopping destinations in the Forest Acres/South East Columbia area besides Richland Mall, and Specialty Shops throughout the area, and there are alot of people in those areas.

Columbiana and Dutch Square service small portions of Richland County and Essentially all of Lexington, so the population is there to support the stores. I think it might make sense to open another mall in lexington and move the dutch square location there. I think that might aid in allowing Downtown to further develop its own shopping districts.

I dont think its too redundant. There really arent any serious shopping destinations in the Forest Acres/South East Columbia area besides Richland Mall, and Specialty Shops throughout the area, and there are alot of people in those areas.

Columbiana and Dutch Square service small portions of Richland County and Essentially all of Lexington, so the population is there to support the stores. I think it might make sense to open another mall in lexington and move the dutch square location there. I think that might aid in allowing Downtown to further develop its own shopping districts.

The unfortunate problem with Columbia is that there a lot of districts but not enough people to accomodate so many locations of stores, especially department stores.....it's going to take a while before this town is able to support another mall....the current malls are barely making it.