Columbiana Centre

Temeteron

Tem, just one time I would like to read something besides a negative post from you.

Ive said plenty of positive things, maybe youre just not reading the topics that i go into.......and i dont see anything negative about that post i made about friday's leaving richland mall, i had a premonition that other stores were going to close from there and they did, its just common sense....has nothing to do with being negative

the franchises tend to graviate towards a city's dominant mall versus the weaker one...this has occured in a couple of malls around the Triangle as a result of the "mall wars" that have occured since the 2002 opening of the 2 new "megamalls"...

Edited by NCMike1981

the franchises tend to graviate towards a city's dominant mall versus the weaker one...this has occured in a couple of malls around the Triangle as a result of the "mall wars" that have occured since the 2002 opening of the 2 new "megamalls"...

Which ones? Northgate and where else? Cary Towne Center? I am going to the Triangle this weekend and always enjoy some mall time. Thanks.

^yep those are the megamalls I was referring too, the weaker malls still existing in the Triangle indeed being Northgate and Cary Towne, not to mention the two malls that closed almost immediately after the two new malls opened, South Square and North Hills, although both have been reinvinted in non traditional mall formats. Northgate is still functioning although it's lost an anchor and quite a few inline tenants (it's gaining a movie theater for part of the anchor space) and Cary Towne may have lost a few inline tenants over the years but it's pretty much your typical mipriced mall stores, lacking quite a few upper-mid chains but still holding on.

Thanks for the tips and North Hills, or whatever it's called now, is really nice! Odd to see a Target and a JC Penney that looks like a Saks together with very upscale stores. Perhaps Richland could be resurrected like this?

Unfortunately did not get to see any of the Triangle's dying malls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...